Sponsored

GT/PP Transmission Problem?

MustangerS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Sometimes when shifting, the transmission will lock-out and prevent the shifter from being pushed into gear. After setting it back in neutral and trying again it will work. This typically only happens with 2nd and 3rd gear, and I've noticed it's mostly within the first 10 minutes of starting the engine. I might also add that the car is at approx. 450 miles.
Sponsored

Stang55

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Qays
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang 5.0 Premium
Sounds odd, make sure you press the clutch fully before moving the gear so the syncros match up

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
When new, mine was difficult to get into third. Not sure if the car broke in, or I slowly learned exactly where third is. But much easier now.

AngryBeavers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 black gt
Sometimes when shifting, the transmission will lock-out and prevent the shifter from being pushed into gear. After setting it back in neutral and trying again it will work. This typically only happens with 2nd and 3rd gear, and I've noticed it's mostly within the first 10 minutes of starting the engine. I might also add that the car is at approx. 450 miles.
Mine does this in 2nd in the mornings here for the first couple shifts (its been around 20-30 degrees F) I think its just the cold fluid temperature. That would explain why it gets better after driving

Phlyguy

International SAR Pilot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT with Recaro Seats
There are many manual MT-82 transmission threads here elsewhere on the forum with regards to some quirks or anomalies associated with the Getrag MT-82 manual gearbox. Cold shift stiffness seems to be one of those anomalies. Some folks have changed gearbox lubrication fluid to after market products and a certain few have had genuine problems requiring gearbox servicing but were more related to clutch or flywheel problems. I suggest you review the information already here in the archives on the MT82 gearbox issues as the posts ought to answer your questions satisfactorily
Sponsored