yellowpony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
shane
Vehicle(s)
2016 manual triple yellow with gt stripes
EU GUYS,

Here it is the wiring instructions from DD. I want to know that wiring color is same as the american spec car or its different

DD guys please help us with proper installation. You guys need to understand that we don't live in America. If we were we didnt have to go through all that. we could've just gone to retro fitter with our problems but in different parts of the country its hard to find your professional installers.

Thanks
Sponsored

Attachments

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
I have to check my notes, but I imagine that AT LEAST stock drl cable is different since we don't have the tribar led but the ugly fog drl bulb (it's the same for AU right?)
Moreover, connecting to the stock EU\AU drl cable will not work properly due to some strange control method for this wire (PWM?). When I tried to use that, I got some issues like random on\off behaviour.

I took a lot of pictures when installing, you can check if it's of some help to you - though I installed the [MENTION=9174]caniggia[/MENTION] \ hd-customs.pl version.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38374

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
DD guys please help us with proper installation. You guys need to understand that we don't live in America. If we were we didnt have to go through all that. we could've just gone to retro fitter with our problems but in different parts of the country its hard to find your professional installers.
We'll do our best, but we also don't live in Australia. It's not easy for us to get a hands-on look at a European or Australian model to develop our products. We'll work to provide as much information as we can.

Thanks!

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
DD LED Boards work on our EU cars. I mean, for me it's OK in my French EU Mustang.

The LED's are installed by Caniggia and the finished view is just amazing :headbang:
Just one thing, the point of the brightness of the boards is too bad. They really need to be increased to drive with them as DRL.

The lights are not installed yet on the car, but will do it really soon. :thumbsup:
DSC_0071.JPG
DSC_0072.JPG
DSC_0073.JPG
DSC_0074.JPG

Sponsored

yellowpony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
shane
Vehicle(s)
Hi John when you install those headlights. Please give us wiring details. It would be much appreciated if you could thanks.

garage34

Garage34
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.garage34.tokyo
First Name
Hakan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost 50 years anniversary
in japan they uninstall the original one, are we using the same plugs for DD or totally different wiring???

garage34

Garage34
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.garage34.tokyo
First Name
Hakan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost 50 years anniversary
so that mean we cant use empty plugs inside the light. we need to make total new wiring??

Sponsored

yellowpony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
shane
Vehicle(s)
Yes we need to make a total new wiring on the car to have power for the boards, that's what I've done :
Ok John,

Can you please tell us the wiring. how its done on the car please. so you saying wht DD has given on the instruction manual is not the one we gonna use. if that's the case then please give us the proper wiring diagram or photos.

Thanking you in advance

yellowpony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
shane
Vehicle(s)
John wiring instructions mate not how they work. Did you do it ur self or did u pay some one to do it for u

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
Yes, I don't forget the instructions, I'm workin on it.

But here's the short version :

+12V for DD modul -> I used the power cable from the wipers
Ground for DD modul -> I used a ground that I found in the area of the headlights

+12V for turn -> Sequential turn also have a modul that need power, for that, I plug the cable to the fuse box to have always power (with a new fuse)

Turn cable -> Plug it to you Stock turn cables to activate turn

Edit : you also have this great thread with instructions made by Papinist : http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38374

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
[MENTION=20820]yellowpony[/MENTION]: as John said, we already covered wiring instruction.
Don't know though if you want specific instructions for DD mod, but reading John short version, it's almost identical :)

Basically, connect power to some power, turn to turn, ground to ground
:D
Sponsored