Sponsored

DD RGBWA DRL boards

phrenetiK

IF YOU QUOTE PICS I H8 U
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaros Race Red
what reason is there to upgrade the projectors? how much are they and what exactly do they offer? i've never thought I lacked anything in terms of vision on my own projector.

the color matched painting is just personal preference as to whether or not you prefer that or the blacked out look. I like the stealth of my subtle demon eyes moreso than the glowing ones....always thought they looked just a little weird...my installer offered to do them but I asked him please no, then he came up with a cool alternative of painting the inside haha.
Sponsored

OP
OP
pinero61

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
what reason is there to upgrade the projectors? how much are they and what exactly do they offer? i've never thought I lacked anything in terms of vision on my own projector.

the color matched painting is just personal preference as to whether or not you prefer that or the blacked out look. I like the stealth of my subtle demon eyes moreso than the glowing ones....always thought they looked just a little weird...my installer offered to do them but I asked him please no, then he came up with a cool alternative of painting the inside haha.

The projectors I went with are truly clear, and offer a much wider and uniform pattern. They also have the best high beam out of any of the available projectors.

In terms of visibility, the increase is staggering in person. I've done this upgrade on my f150 as well, and it's a truly a bolt in solution.

phrenetiK

IF YOU QUOTE PICS I H8 U
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nice, how much did that run you? doubt ill be opening my lights again but useful for future modders

OP
OP
pinero61

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
nice, how much did that run you? doubt ill be opening my lights again but useful for future modders

Around 800 for everything. I used Retro Shop.

DarkSubRosa

GTFO_0027
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / 2023 GT4
I'll have to look into the retro shop, it looks like they didn't do any cutting on your headlight. I've been seeing some really bad customer service stories from The Lighting Firm lately.

Sponsored

OP
OP
pinero61

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
I'll have to look into the retro shop, it looks like they didn't do any cutting on your headlight. I've been seeing some really bad customer service stories from The Lighting Firm lately.

If your installer is cutting, I would cease using them immediately. You'll run into nothing but issues going that route. RS is a nationally recognized installer, and actually work directly with DD to get me the first production set.

phrenetiK

IF YOU QUOTE PICS I H8 U
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If your installer is cutting, I would cease using them immediately. You'll run into nothing but issues going that route. RS is a nationally recognized installer, and actually work directly with DD to get me the first production set.
Thanks bro but my guy has done a few hundred bmw headlights and my lights have been perfect since well before you even had yours done :)

My install looks 100% oem.

DarkSubRosa

GTFO_0027
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / 2023 GT4
I haven't chosen anyone yet, I've done all my own lights in the past but haven't messed with anything permaseal yet so that's the only thing that has me hesitant to DIY and let someone else do it. I've just seen some hack job DIY's on cutting and I absolutely DO NOT want anyone who is going to cut my headlight.

phrenetiK

IF YOU QUOTE PICS I H8 U
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I haven't chosen anyone yet, I've done all my own lights in the past but haven't messed with anything permaseal yet so that's the only thing that has me hesitant to DIY and let someone else do it. I've just seen some hack job DIY's on cutting and I absolutely DO NOT want anyone who is going to cut my headlight.
I don't think you guys quite understand the difference of cutting the sealant and having a headlight that is easy to pull apart, vs repeatedly baking the headlight and pulling it apart little by little, increasing the chance you will mess up the surrounding plastic where the pieces meet

OP
OP
pinero61

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
Thanks bro but my guy has done a few hundred bmw headlights and my lights have been perfect since well before you even had yours done :)

My install looks 100% oem.

This isn't my first rodeo buddy, I retrofit myself too.

I'm fully aware of the differences, but you get a much better/more reliable seal when you bake and pull apart the lights, then remove all of the original sealant. This leaves a better surface for sealing. Both routes can be done successfully, but you get better quality from the latter.

Sponsored

FrozenPea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Surely someone has opened their own headlights?! I find it really surprising there are no videos or tutorials for either the heat or cutting methods.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Surely someone has opened their own headlights?! I find it really surprising there are no videos or tutorials for either the heat or cutting methods.
Yeah, no pictures of '15 Mustang headlights opened.
The guy who did my mod prefer to cut only a portion on the back, needed to put in place the led array and board.

phrenetiK

IF YOU QUOTE PICS I H8 U
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
just cut the seal, it will take quite awhile to clean up though 1-2 hours but you need to do that and replace with your own sealant anyways. you can see in the pic how bad it looks before the old sealant is cleaned out.

iTjyNEe.jpg

R9LHznx.jpg

gHI7yFh.jpg

ndU6Cbo.jpg

cyril185

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So no one will share pics of where to cut the plastic?
(Rather than the adhesive)
Sponsored