stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
I was able to swap drivers to test; with them being inside the light that isn't exactly an option. The only bright side is since the lights have already been opened, opening them again is exponentially easier. I think it goes without saying, if you do have to replace the drivers, I wouldn't be putting them inside the lights the next time.
Sponsored

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
I was able to swap drivers to test; with them being inside the light that isn't exactly an option. The only bright side is since the lights have already been opened, opening them again is exponentially easier. I think it goes without saying, if you do have to replace the drivers, I wouldn't be putting them inside the lights the next time.
I can agree, if I have to totally open my lights to change the driver they will definitely go outside after that !

And in the same time, if the lights are totally opened again, I'll remove this LED Boards that are really not bright enough for our EU rules and replace them with another solution ...

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
And in the same time, if the lights are totally opened again, I'll remove this LED Boards that are really not bright enough for our EU rules and replace them with another solution ...
This has me curious as I haven't paid attention to mine side-by-side with an oem car. Is there really that much of a difference, and it is a regulatory/legal issue if they aren't as bright?

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Same by me, as we don't have the OEM boards on the EU car, I can't compare the brightness of them ...

And yes, if you drive with DRLs that are not bright enough, or without DRLs, the police can give a really heavy contravention in France ...

It's really mandatory to drive with DRL light (bright DRL's) so anyone can see your car from far away.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
For better or worse, it decided it wanted to work today. I still pulled the belly pan and bumper and double checked all the connections and all was good... We'll see what happens in the coming days.

Sponsored

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Stoli, where do you have your drivers mounted? After all of this I was considering mounting mine in the engine bay somewhere easily accessible.
I have my rats nest (I have the demon eyes too, so that adds a whole other set of drivers) in the passenger side by the washer fluid tank. There's lots of room, it's dry, and there are a bunch of factory grounds right there.

In a perfect world, I'd do a battery relocate to the trunk and use that void for all of the controllers/drivers. I don't know where else there would be room.

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For better or worse, it decided it wanted to work today. I still pulled the belly pan and bumper and double checked all the connections and all was good... We'll see what happens in the coming days.
Guess what ?
Same here :lol:

Don't know why but this morning they decided they wanted to work... Not correctly, still a bit dimmed, but much better than last day.

Will also see what happens in the coming days :thumbsup:

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Ian whu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Ordered a set of these,
Was told between 10-20 WORKING days
Today's was number 20. So emailed DD, asking where they are,
Emailed back straight away, " BAD NEWS, COULD BE 2-4 weeks away"

That's over two months for a few led's lol
What a joke,

Sponsored

Gnome

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Stang!
Ordered a set of these,

What a joke,
Did you order the old multi colour ones or the new dual brightness ones?

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
I would totally rock these only for the amber sequential turn signals and find a way to delete the stock ones in the lower bumber with like a brake cooler or something...

don't really care for the RGB aspect of those otherwise. i know others love it, just always kinda found them to be ricey.

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Ordered a set of these,

What a joke,
We are producing them as quickly as possible, and have been hard at work hiring additional staff and even leasing a new production building. Please feel free to contact us if you would prefer to cancel your order until it's back in stock. Thanks!

Ian whu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
i have cancelled them, but no refund yet.

when i enquired about 2 weeks after ordering them, i was told they was in production.
and was told 10-20 days, then on day 20 i was told another 2/4 weeks,
how can they be in production then?
surely it dosnt take upto another 6 weeks to test them.
Sponsored