papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
mmm I actually never tried to adjust it since The '0' position is ok for me.
I bet that they will stay the position you set without resetting every time you turn off the car.
Sponsored

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
Well... I have to pull my bumper and check the lights. :( My passenger side drl works perfect in all colors except white. It only barely lights up; as if it isn't getting enough voltage.

I'm hoping it's just a wiring or controller issue (I have extras) and they don't need to be opened up again.
[MENTION=10213]stoli[/MENTION], hey mate,

I've exactly the same problem now. My passenger's side DRL work perfectly in all color but my driver's side DRL works fine in the RGB color but in white they shine only a little bit, as they not have enough power ...

I saw you repaired the problem with a new driver, right ?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers :thumbsup:

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Sad to hear this issue John! I have already read about this issue in the past. Sure DD could have great customer service but for me they have a too much high defective rate (see the switchback story..)

Sponsored

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Sad to hear this issue John! I have already read about this issue in the past. Sure DD could have great customer service but for me they have a too much high defective rate (see the switchback story..)
We have had extremely low defect rate on this product, with a few hundred units sold and in use now. A simple driver replacement will resolve any issue, no need to open the lamps or anything. The drivers we are currently using for this product are linear in design, and although they are quite reliable, we're hard at work on a switching driver to completely eliminate these rare failures. Thanks!

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP

I've exactly the same problem now. My passenger's side DRL work perfectly in all color but my driver's side DRL works fine in the RGB color but in white they shine only a little bit, as they not have enough power ...

Thanks for your help.

Yep. DD sent me a new driver and that resolved the issue. It's a different one than I had, so I had to cut all the ends and splice it in unfortunately.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP

Thanks for your help.

We have had extremely low defect rate on this product, with a few hundred units sold and in use now. A simple driver replacement will resolve any issue, no need to open the lamps or anything. The drivers we are currently using for this product are linear in design, and although they are quite reliable, we're hard at work on a switching driver to completely eliminate these rare failures. Thanks!
Yep. DD sent me a new driver and that resolved the issue. It's a different one than I had, so I had to cut all the ends and splice it in unfortunately.
I spoke too soon. The same one I just replaced started acting up again tonight. Same exact symptoms as last month.

To say the least, I'm not happy. [MENTION=9987]Diode Dynamics[/MENTION] - is this new driver available yet? I can't just keep taking my bumper off every month to replace this driver.

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Wow- I am shocked to hear that. This was a new one with the black box and Diode Dynamics embossed on the side? Same symptoms with one color dimmer than the rest? We'll be happy to replace it but I'm curious as to whether there's something else if it's showing the same issue. Please shoot us an email with any more details you may have, thank you.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Wow- I am shocked to hear that. This was a new one with the black box and Diode Dynamics embossed on the side? Same symptoms with one color dimmer than the rest? We'll be happy to replace it but I'm curious as to whether there's something else if it's showing the same issue. Please shoot us an email with any more details you may have, thank you.

I can't recall if it had the logo embossed, but it was black and had plug connectors as opposed to the flat ribbon male/female pin connectors like the original one.

Symptoms are identical: dimmer white while rgba work fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
To understand it right, the driver that you meant is not the RGBW controller that we control with the remote ?

The driver is the little black box on which the cables are plugged ?

Correct. Those are the first version I had. The second one they sent me has different cables. I'll get a pic when I pull the bumper (again) later today.

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Correct. Those are the first version I had. The second one they sent me has different cables. I'll get a pic when I pull the bumper (again) later today.
oh man, noooo :(

I was hoping you'd tell me that it's something else ... Those drivers are mounted in my headlight, so need to remove and open my light to have a look at them ... :( !

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
oh man, noooo :(

I was hoping you'd tell me that it's something else ... Those drivers are mounted in my headlight, so need to remove and open my light to have a look at them ... :( !
That sucks. If I verify it is indeed the driver again, I think I am going back to my stock headlights until DD can get this worked out. This isn't as simple as swapping a faulty switchback and at the price point we shouldn't be seeing issues like this.

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That sucks. If I verify it is indeed the driver again, I think I am going back to my stock headlights until DD can get this worked out. This isn't as simple as swapping a faulty switchback and at the price point we shouldn't be seeing issues like this.
Yea, that's really bad luck ...
I'm in touch with them to see how we can manage to solve this issue.

My pain is that I don't want to remove bumper & lights to swap the driver from one light to the other and if it's a driver problem, to remove all the stuff again to change the drivers ...

And also, as they are now located in the lights, I don't know how I can come inside to check them or to remove them ...
Sponsored