Sponsored

Data logging with Lund

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Caimen
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I got my tune from Lund recently and it didn’t say anything about data logging. Do they have the mods and the tuning down perfectly that I don’t need to log? I have full exhaust and 18 manifold on my 15 gt. I know all cars are different and altitude and all that makes cars act differently, but I was a little shocked when I didn’t see anything about logging.
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I would data log and send it to Lund for a cursory check. They could end up having to tweak something to dial you in perfectly.

OP
OP
Thats550mustang
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Caimen
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Is there certain things to log? Know what I mean? Like idle, driving and wot. And how long?

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
@Thats550mustang, here are the i structures that I received from Lund for my remote tuning session.

Below are the first steps in getting started with the remote session: Go ahead and load up the base tune if you haven't already.

With the car at operating temp, start logging idle for 3-5 minutes, then rev the RPM to 1500 RPM and hold 10-15 seconds, then do the same for 2500 RPM and 3500 RPM. Keep the engine running and proceed to drive it. In 2nd or 3rd gear do a couple SLOW RPM climbs from 2500-5000 RPM. Now do a WOT pull to 7000 RPM. Come to a stop. Let it idle for 1-2 minutes. Stop the log and save it. It'll be a long log but it'll give me good info.

We will send a revision if necessary and ask for more logs. This process may take a few days depending on if we run into any issues or not.

Sponsored

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
Did you pay for the remote tuning? If not that is probably why they didn't ask for logs.

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
Ohhh no I didn’t… I don’t think. Maybe that is why they didn’t say anything. 🤔
i didnt remote tune and they asked me for logs but this was like 3-4 years ago. but my understanding was their tune/your cars computer should be able to compensate for your mods. i would still log it and send it to them just to be sure but you are most likely fine since you have very simple bolt ons and they have prob tuned thousands of cars with your mods id imagine they have it pretty well vetted now.

Sponsored

MinDseTz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I just bought one yesterday and reading the site I assume they send one based on what your specs are. Then you can do a log and they will do a review for you. I would respond to your ticket and see what they say.

They have this on the support page:

The Safety and Performance Review is included with the purchase of a mail order tune or datalog review/tune revision for up to 6 months after date of receiving the tune(s). This gives our customers peace of mind if they have any doubts about the way their car is performing, and can also help diagnose issues possibly being caused by something mechanical or install related.

MinDseTz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Also this is in their data logging with HPT:

STEP ZERO(0): If we did not send a .XML config file for logging, then go to the bottom of this page and download the ZIP file that has the datalog config file in it. Unzip the file and save it to your desktop. You will need this .XML Config File for Step 8 and 9.
Sponsored