Sponsored

Dashboard for GT Performance Package + 50th year appearance package???

HalfMoon

Brand Agnostic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06/Z07 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Has anyone found out if the harness behind the dash already has the connections for the two gauges in the PP dash?

I know that dash costs $1500.00, but I'd still be interested in ordering it and having the dealer install it in a non-PP Mustang. I really do love the look of having those gauges, but I also don't want the PP.
My money is on the connectors not being there.

Ford could save $3-$5 per car by not putting that harness in place. I work with the manufacturers on electronics my company supplies and they literally tighten the belt on $0.10 per unit and will bicker on the price to that level on a $80-100 kit. When you run the numbers with the volume, it adds up to a lot of money.

However, when they replaced mine the dealer did it in a matter of a couple minutes and it looked to mostly be fastened by the standard interior pop-locks, so you could pull yours and look.
Sponsored

Max57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee Limited, 1957 Chevy BelAir
My money is on the connectors not being there.

Ford could save $3-$5 per car by not putting that harness in place. I work with the manufacturers on electronics my company supplies and they literally tighten the belt on $0.10 per unit and will bicker on the price to that level on a $80-100 kit. When you run the numbers with the volume, it adds up to a lot of money.

However, when they replaced mine the dealer did it in a matter of a couple minutes and it looked to mostly be fastened by the standard interior pop-locks, so you could pull yours and look.
Thanks for the quick reply! I'll have the service department investigate this for me as well.

Blacksheep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I ordered mustang gt premium with pp plus redline interior and premium trium accent. for the longest time in my mind I will be getting brushed aluminum dash with two gauges in the middle. I didn't like the turned aluminum as it look like faux carbon fiber. Reading the thread regarding dash it seem like I'll be getting the turned aluminum. So which one is it really I'm gonna get? I just want to condition myself so I don't pick up the car and raise hell for not getting the brushed aluminum dash.

The turned aluminum is sort of growing on me though. The benefit of it is it'll be less reflective thus I don't have to deal with the sun's reflection when driving. Thanks in advance for answering.

Jason Richardson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I ordered mustang gt premium with pp plus redline interior and premium trium accent. for the longest time in my mind I will be getting brushed aluminum dash with two gauges in the middle. I didn't like the turned aluminum as it look like faux carbon fiber. Reading the thread regarding dash it seem like I'll be getting the turned aluminum. So which one is it really I'm gonna get? I just want to condition myself so I don't pick up the car and raise hell for not getting the brushed aluminum dash.

The turned aluminum is sort of growing on me though. The benefit of it is it'll be less reflective thus I don't have to deal with the sun's reflection when driving. Thanks in advance for answering.
For the millionth time, you get the performance package dash.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
I have the PP and 50 year appearance package on my EB premium and it is definitely the 50 year dash that beats the PP dash. In my opinion it also looks a lot better. But I like shiny things :)

You get the shiny 50 year dash plus the PP guages no matter what if u get both.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14134
Sponsored