Sponsored

Dark Horse Brembo front and rear brakes on M1

JimmyNY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
As far as I understand correctly, the Dark Horse has the same rim specifications as the Mach 1 HP.

Does anyone of you know the part number of the front and rear Dark Horse brembo brakes? Would like to get them for my M1.
Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
As far as I understand correctly, the Dark Horse has the same rim specifications as the Mach 1 HP.

Does anyone of you know the part number of the front and rear Dark Horse brembo brakes? Would like to get them for my M1.
Wouldn't rear require knuckle (and who know what else) change ?

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP

Is there a reason you want to add that much weight to your car? The rear suspension is very different, different rear hubs, axles, knuckles, wiring for parking brake etc.

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
Is there a reason you want to add that much weight to your car? The rear suspension is very different, different rear hubs, axles, knuckles, wiring for parking brake etc.
What he said, it uses the 500 knuckle and link and electric e-brake. The 350 set up is essentially the same and bolts right on.

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT

I was wondering same thing, because i wanna get rid ot the horrible stock calipers. i have front brembos (Bullitt kit) but STOCK red painted rears. I would loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee to slap on some rear brembos. =)
Anthony

Sponsored

OP
OP
JimmyNY

JimmyNY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
The performance of the Dark Horse brakes is impressive, so I'm ok with the extra weight.

I have custom 20" forged rims with the exact specs as the HP rims. I'm not sure if the GT350 brake kit will fit. I don't want to spend around 4k on individual rear brembos for the Mach 1. That's why I hope there's a Dark Horse brake kit available for about the same price as the GT350.

OP
OP
JimmyNY

JimmyNY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
What he said, it uses the 500 knuckle and link and electric e-brake. The 350 set up is essentially the same and bolts right on.
I'd get the GT350 brake kit yesterday if I knew 100% that they'll fit on the car.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I was wondering same thing, because i wanna get rid ot the horrible stock calipers. i have front brembos (Bullitt kit) but STOCK red painted rears. I would loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee to slap on some rear brembos. =)
Anthony
They don't brake or something ?

OP
OP
JimmyNY

JimmyNY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Gents, thanks for your participation so far.

I don't want this thread to slip into a why do you need it discussion. I often drive mine on unlimited highways and on the racetrack. The brakes from the Mach 1 aren't bad, but I'm looking for something better.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Gents, thanks for your participation so far.

I don't want this thread to slip into a why do you need it discussion. I often drive mine on unlimited highways and on the racetrack. The brakes from the Mach 1 aren't bad, but I'm looking for something better.
As the DH is brand new it is most likely too soon to get the information you are looking for. Also just adding the rear brakes could create a balance issue. Lastly as mentioned before it's not just replacing rotors and calibers.

That said here is a good start. No indication that it will not fit a M1 but you can reach out to FP to be sure.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-2300-Y

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
I'd get the GT350 brake kit yesterday if I knew 100% that they'll fit on the car.
The GT350 rear brakes fit in an 18" wheel, if you install the kit it bolts on. The MACH 1 is an S550 GT as far as brakes are concerned. The only thing to be aware of is the GT350 kit on the rear pushes the wheel out 5/16" on each side.(8mm) so depending on your wheels it may effect fitment depending on how the wheel is designed. If the wheels are GT350 offsets in the rear than it's no issue.

OP
OP
JimmyNY

JimmyNY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
The GT350 rear brakes fit in an 18" wheel, if you install the kit it bolts on. The MACH 1 is an S550 GT as far as brakes are concerned. The only thing to be aware of is the GT350 kit on the rear pushes the wheel out 5/16" on each side.(8mm) so depending on your wheels it may effect fitment depending on how the wheel is designed. If the wheels are GT350 offsets in the rear than it's no issue.
Great info Tommy!

Probably silly to ask but can you tell by the rim design if they are going to poke out?

Sponsored