Sponsored

Damn! Not even a week old, 100 miles and on a flatbed!!

Deranged1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Bad transmission here also. Grinds going into 6th gear and noticed it immediately during the drive home from the dealership. Mine is being torn down next week.
Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Bad transmission here also. Grinds going into 6th gear and noticed it immediately during the drive home from the dealership. Mine is being torn down next week.
Maybe if it's bad enough and they have to replace the trans; you can talk them into a Track Pack trans.

5.0 Probie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT
I have seen this happen on my own vehicles twice. One was a 1977 3/4 Chevy and the other is escaping me at the moment.

My reason for commenting... Please, please, please make sure they replace the entire mounting assembly. Both of my vehicles had repeat issues until I did. Once I did replace the entire assembly, never had an issue again.

I think once these assembles experience a stress, they are no longer as strong as they had been originally designed. Whether it is a flexing issued being allowed or if they got past the "In spec" tests before being put in service.

In fact, I got so used to the Chevy having issues, I carried two sets of bearings to replace when needed. Then one day I decided to replace the entire assembly as I was tired of dealing with the issue and was hoping to find a permanent fix. Still have two of those extra bearings some 20 years later (Literally, I came across them the other day)!

Deranged1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Maybe if it's bad enough and they have to replace the trans; you can talk them into a Track Pack trans.
I'm working on it. Already called Ford customer care team in Detroit and they told me it has to be torn down before they make a decision. Fingers crossed for a new trans!!

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
I'm working on it. Already called Ford customer care team in Detroit and they told me it has to be torn down before they make a decision. Fingers crossed for a new trans!!
I'd be interested to find out if they do replace yours with a track pack/R trans.

Mine is sitting at the dealer right now with the trans cracked at the rear casting right above the trans damper, immediately rearward of the drain plug.

I'm hopeful to get a good update on mine tomorrow.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Problems on 'run of the mill' GTs are no biggie; but people paying a premium for limited edition top of the line 'track ready' cars should not have to deal with such issues. You're paying Porsche money for a Ford; so it better be up to par.
Lol. Which new Porsche are you talking about that you can buy for this money? When you go buy that Porsche you speak of (for $100k, mind you), you sure are going to be upset when it also has some mechanical failure. Do you think that the more money you spend on cars, the less problems they have?

Lastly, to my original point, do you own one? (A porsche OR a GT350?).

SHELBY GT350R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3
Keep in mind this cars DNA is based on a $24k economy car with economy car engineers, assembly plant, parts suppliers and problems. Unfortunately these issues are showing up with the internet and forums everyday.
The S550 is the only Mustang I have ever looked at twice, then came the GT350/R. I like the idea & looks of this car but I think it's too expensive (MSRP) & the dealer network is sh!t. It's a damn shame really.

Raul-7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 S-code FB
Lol. Which new Porsche are you talking about that you can buy for this money? When you go buy that Porsche you speak of (for $100k, mind you), you sure are going to be upset when it also has some mechanical failure. Do you think that the more money you spend on cars, the less problems they have?

Lastly, to my original point, do you own one? (A porsche OR a GT350?).
http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/

Take your pick; anything in the Cayman family is attainable including the GT4 if you can find one.

If I'm paying $70-100K for a Ford, it better be perfect. There's a reason it's priced that high - it supposed to be of higher quality and standard than their Mustang GT. It's supposed to be 'track ready'.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/

Take your pick; anything in the Cayman family is attainable including the GT4 if you can find one.

If I'm paying $70-100K for a Ford, it better be perfect. There's a reason it's priced that high - it supposed to be of higher quality and standard than their Mustang GT. It's supposed to be 'track ready'.

$60k for a GT350. Can you even get a base Cayman for that? yes, a stripper base Cayman....fantastic, you should buy one. Again / you think Porsche doesn't have any issues and that paying more for a car excludes you from any problems?

I need to stop replying to people complaining about cars they don't intend to own.

OP
OP
Blue Raptor

Blue Raptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZL1 1LE, GT350, Ford RS, F350 Dually, Explorer
Great news! Ford Performance overnighted a replacement driveshaft assembly to the dealership and they started working on it this morning, by 4:30 it was done and test driven. Back home again and very impressed with how quickly Ford took care of this. Feeling pretty happy! Car feels Great!! :)

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Interesting that FP sent the parts instead of dealer parts and service network.

gtaindetail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Haha, Porsche money. Which Porsche, a 2002 996 Turbo? No new Porsche, surely. Well, that is unless you want a base 718 with manual seats and not a single option. Ya, go buy that. :D

Scoobs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MG GT350 sold, 2019 MG GT350R KR569
This Porsche quality ? and the video that follows this one is even better

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]qVp9hrSac-w[/MEDIA]"]
Sponsored