Sponsored

Damaged 350R on delivery

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
The mileage should have also been noted when the carrier picked up the car. If there was any difference, then you know for sure the driver took it for a joy ride.

You can't trust anyone these days, which is why you have to go with a highly reputable transport company. The dealership probably just chose the cheapest enclosed carrier to ship your car.

Good thing about paying for the transport is you can choose whoever you want. The bad is, you have to pay for it, lol.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Sunny_M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
If your car left the dealership in excellent condition then your issue is with the carrier as they had to sign off on your car during the loading/pickup process.

Did you work through a logistics/3PL transport provider or did you work directly with a transport carrier?

Please advise the name of the carrier that you or your dealership hired so that the rest of us on here don't use them in the future?

;)
I completely relied on the dealership for transport and logistics (thinking they were the experts because I've never bought a vehicle that wasn't local). Once I find out who they used, I'll make sure to post it here!

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
miles. the dealer paperwork shows miles on the car, how many miles on it at delivery

OP
OP

Sunny_M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Honestly, I was so mad about what happened that I didn't even consider asking about the miles. I just said that I wouldn't accept the car and told them to take it back. Based on the condition the car was in, I was scared that there might be other issues that I didn't catch.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Totally sucks OP! I would have been pissed off as well.
So, what happens now? Didn't you sign all the paperwork/loan paperwork and everything? Isn't the car loan in your name now, after rejecting the car?
Does the dealership have to supply you with a new car?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Sunny_M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Totally sucks OP! I would have been pissed off as well.
So, what happens now? Didn't you sign all the paperwork/loan paperwork and everything? Isn't the car loan in your name now, after rejecting the car?
Does the dealership have to supply you with a new car?
It is your right to deny delivery of any vehicle and if you do, the contract is pretty much null. I told the finance person that the I couldn't accept delivery after inspection and to shred my contract. The dealership said they had another one coming in from Ford, but honestly, after my experience, I am not sure that I really want to purchase another vehicle from them. Furthermore, the loan was contingent upon me trading my vehicle in (as a down payment) and since I denied delivery, there literally is no deal.

MattyMo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankshipintl.com
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
I completely relied on the dealership for transport and logistics (thinking they were the experts because I've never bought a vehicle that wasn't local). Once I find out who they used, I'll make sure to post it here!
You are NOT being trolled; why would I troll about that? The photos of the damage are on my phone, I'll upload them when I can.
Have you had chance to get those pics uploaded?

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
So why not just beat the crap out of the dealership on price to get a good deal and then pay to get the paint fixed? A two-stage polish which could probably fix your problem is not all that much money.

But I understand your frustrations. Anyone would be pissed. I was just thinking maybe use it to your financial advantage.

FP350S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robear
Vehicle(s)
16 TY GT350
According to the dealership, everything was fine and inspected. I even called and asked if they would do a full inspection and tell me if any imperfections existed. Furthermore, they claimed that they watched the car get loaded onto the transport and there was no damage at the time. The dealership recently got back to me and said that it looked like the transporter took a joy ride in the middle of the night. However, given the condition the car was in on the outside (random scratches from "detailing" and grease marks) and the front lip that was slightly dented, I don't know what to believe any more.

They said they have another R coming in and am willing to work with me on it. However, given my experience, I am not 100% sure if I trust them. I am still evaluating if I want to move forward. Just an all in all terrible situation.
Honestly, I was so mad about what happened that I didn't even consider asking about the miles. I just said that I wouldn't accept the car and told them to take it back. Based on the condition the car was in, I was scared that there might be other issues that I didn't catch.
It is your right to deny delivery of any vehicle and if you do, the contract is pretty much null. I told the finance person that the I couldn't accept delivery after inspection and to shred my contract. The dealership said they had another one coming in from Ford, but honestly, after my experience, I am not sure that I really want to purchase another vehicle from them. Furthermore, the loan was contingent upon me trading my vehicle in (as a down payment) and since I denied delivery, there literally is no deal.
I know better then most how a dealership operates and none of this is it! This is starting to remind me of Ferris Bueller!
No pics, no tangible details, rebates applied to warranty (no rebates on GT350) = nothing further to see here!

OP
OP

Sunny_M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
I know better then most how a dealership operates and none of this is it! This is starting to remind me of Ferris Bueller!
No pics, no tangible details, rebates applied to warranty (no rebates on GT350) = nothing further to see here!
IMG_0522.jpg

IMG_0523.jpg

IMG_0526.jpg

IMG_0527.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP

Sunny_M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
I couldn't get pictures of the scratches on the paint because it was black and the glare was terrible (since we were outside).

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I would be angry too. Wow

New wheel, new tire, paint correction.

How many miles on odo? Did you say 900 ?

OP
OP

Sunny_M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Once I find out the name of the transportation company, I'll post it to this thread. I realize I should have been WAY more diligent and not trust the dealership's transportation plan, but I was excited and let my emotions rather than my logic drive my decision making.

Regardless of now dealerships do or don't work, I got a crappy car unloaded to me and I am not about give away my pristine car for one that was prepped worse than I've seen most used cars prepped.

OP
OP

Sunny_M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
I would be angry too. Wow

New wheel, new tire, paint correction.

How many miles on odo? Did you say 900 ?
Nope, so, I cancelled the original deal for the used one because I was getting a great deal on a new one. The pictures are of the new one that was delivered to me. I was so pissed off that I barely sat inside the car and didn't actually take a picture of the miles, but when the dealership sent the pictures to me (before it was loaded), there were 22 miles.

KiLLeR2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 240SX, '17 GT350
22 miles doesn't seem like brand new to me.
Sponsored