Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
I am mad! I had my A/C evaporator replaced 5 months ago and my aircon stopped working again. I made an appointment and taking it to the dealer tomorrow for a diagnosis, but I know that I will have to go through the same hassle again... This is ridiculous :mad:
Sponsored

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
Indeed they are, and dual exhaust means two of those thingies! I'm sure one would be enough when mounted in the spare wheel compartment but I don't wanna drill holes in the under-body. I found a few video's from MAxhaust with 2 units mounted there though, but that's a no go for me!

On a side note, why they installed this on a V8 I don't know!!!
I don't really understand, it's just an electronic speaker enhancing sounds out of the back of the car. I mean I can imagine because it's electric it doesn't carry sound very far so it's more of a close by round the town or at events type thing. Especially for the price wouldn't you be better off buying a very good exhaust ?

Makes the V8 sound like you are playing some racing game from 2000 :barf:

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
I actually love the sound of my Eco, Several GT owners complimented it at the Lux meeting last year, I wouldn't change a thing, especially at that price! More than my entire exhaust system, or more than my big turbo too

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
WTF?! :frusty:
Good news though. It was not the evaporator or anything related to the airbox this time. It seems the malfuntion was due to an unidentified electrical issue. We started the car up a couple of times and it now works fine, ice cold air :D

I wouldn’t stand another summer in Greece without a functional a/c. Last summer was like living in hell while driving at 40 C.

Sponsored

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
I don't really understand, it's just an electronic speaker enhancing sounds out of the back of the car. I mean I can imagine because it's electric it doesn't carry sound very far so it's more of a close by round the town or at events type thing. Especially for the price wouldn't you be better off buying a very good exhaust ?

Makes the V8 sound like you are playing some racing game from 2000 :barf:
In the setup of that V8 video yes, and I don't like it at all.

As an audio engineer I do like the idea of being able to fine-tune the final exhaust note of the ecoboost, blend and tweak it with whatever exhaust on it.
Low frequencies travel quite far in general, this could help to remove unwanted sounds, like Ford already does inside the cabin.

I really thinks there is some great potential in this technology down the road as long as they open up more functions in the app settings. Right now they are quite limited IMO.
While discussing it with one of the inventors last week he said they are adding features that could make it possible to create a Ghost cam like sound.
I found this more interesting than adding a V6 or V8 sound to a 4 cylinder.

But of course a good aftermarket exhaust will do a lot already if I can find one that I can live with and sounds enjoyable to myself and surroundings, so far I haven't really heard what I'm looking for.

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Water leaking inside the cabin floor, anyone? :shrug:

I'm going in to check it out today... the floor carpet on the driver-side is soaking wet, all around the left side of the seat-frame... I though the car was designed to keep the water outside though!

vieirinha33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
André
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Race Red
oh damm... that sounds not good at all! and your warranty is also gone right? :(
I've heard that many cars had not protection under and that could maybe cause the issue. Some rust?
I had some rust on the frontend of the hood some time ago... had it fixed by ford..

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
oh damm... that sounds not good at all! and your warranty is also gone right? :(
I've heard that many cars had not protection under and that could maybe cause the issue. Some rust?
I had some rust on the frontend of the hood some time ago... had it fixed by ford..

There was someone in the UK section that had the same issue. Have talk with per person.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
There was someone in the UK section that had the same issue. Have talk with per person.
Hey, that was me! Picked it up today. Dealership had it for 3 weeks...

Gotta rush off for the evening but I'll add some details to one of the threads & share it here. Note - me & someone else both had similar problems, but different faults.

This is the thread https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95824

Sponsored

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Well at the moment of writing this morning I thought it wasn't that bad as we eventually figured out... that said...

Around the drivers-seat left side frame I had a couple soaking wet spots, and noticed it came from the door. So we removed the door panel and indeed the plastic door-seal cover was leaking, the silicone came loose at one spot.
So we repaired that and vacuum dried the carpet only to find out it wasn't drying enough. Next step, we removed the seat, lifted the carpet and noticed a small swimming pool from the pedal area to the back-seat.
The carpet was soaked on the bottom side and the vacuum dryer wasn't enough to dry the carpet out.

Next week we will remove the seats again and middle console to take out the carpet completely, let it dry in the paint booth oven and put it back the next day or so.

They agreed to file a claim to Ford but said 9 out 10 they will not approve it since my warranty is gone, even if I had extended warranty it wouldn't be covered... only the first 2 years covers this type of issues.
So in total it's gonna cost me around 320€ to 400€ I think in working hours... Anyway, for a 2.5 year old car, this really sucks and shouldn't be happening!!! :tsk:

PS: While I was there I had my 4th set of puddle lights installed, this time around I finally had the latest revision!!! Yet pricier that on the inter-webs... 42.5€ excl. VAT per light, uhum!

vieirinha33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
André
Vehicle(s)
Well at the moment of writing this morning I thought it wasn't that bad as we eventually figured out... that said...

Around the drivers-seat left side frame I had a couple soaking wet spots, and noticed it came from the door. So we removed the door panel and indeed the plastic door-seal cover was leaking, the silicone came loose at one spot.
So we repaired that and vacuum dried the carpet only to find out it wasn't drying enough. Next step, we removed the seat, lifted the carpet and noticed a small swimming pool from the pedal area to the back-seat.
The carpet was soaked on the bottom side and the vacuum dryer wasn't enough to dry the carpet out.

Next week we will remove the seats again and middle console to take out the carpet completely, let it dry in the paint booth oven and put it back the next day or so.

They agreed to file a claim to Ford but said 9 out 10 they will not approve it since my warranty is gone, even if I had extended warranty it wouldn't be covered... only the first 2 years covers this type of issues.
So in total it's gonna cost me around 320€ to 400€ I think in working hours... Anyway, for a 2.5 year old car, this really sucks and shouldn't be happening!!! :tsk:

PS: While I was there I had my 4th set of puddle lights installed, this time around I finally had the latest revision!!! Yet pricier that on the inter-webs... 42.5€ excl. VAT per light, uhum!
the pony lights ahahah I believe you have to change them 6 in 6 months lol

well at least you solve the problem but it's sad that such a new car has this issues... :x

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
the pony lights ahahah I believe you have to change them 6 in 6 months lol

well at least you solve the problem but it's sad that such a new car has this issues... :x
Sad indeed, if there is as much water under the carpet again next week we didn't solved the problem, so fingers crossed we did!

I think there must be an explanation to why water got piled up in the door in the first place and searched a way out.
Looking into the bottom of the door was weird, it's like a V shaped bucket with 2 small holes for draining at the bottom where the yellow grease came out when you bought the car.
With the amount of snow, frost and rain it's seen the passed few months there must have been a point where the water level in the door was just to high and/or the holes were frozen at the same time. (Just guessing...)

On the bottom right of the transparent seal you can see where the silicone got weaken and leaked. The second pic is not covering the front area, but was much worse yet not soaked through the top of the carpet.
I should have taken more pictures though.
20180125_Inside_Door_S550_1.jpg
20180125_Soaked_Floor_S550_1.jpg

vieirinha33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
André
Vehicle(s)
damm [MENTION=14076]Notes[/MENTION] , that really does not look good.
you need to find a garage for your baby :)

hopefully it solves your issue. you had no luck with so many problems on the car.

Let's hope the best! :)
Sponsored