Daily Chat Topic Europe

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
Interesting to hear they have 260 Mustangs on the books - my local Ford dealer here in NL cant fix my airco, so it might be worth me making the trip over to Antwerpen for a more experienced shop.
My dealer only found out the airco was empty. The refilled it with a tracer, so they could maybe find out if there's a leak. I went back last week and they couldn't find any signs of leakage. The airco cools pretty well now .. but I am afraid I'll have the other problem of 'no heating' again. :/

On the bright side, they replaced my pony projectors under warranty, so I have two brand new, well defined horses being projected.

PS: They were clueless enough though to not know you have to put the car on the handbrake for them to work :p I had to show them when I picked up my car. I guess they were almost afraid they broke them completely. :lol:
Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
EU Mustang GT Fastback/Auto/Ruby Red/PP/Alarm

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Well mine is going to a different (bigger) dealer for a 3rd attempt to fix the airco next week. They are keeping it for a week at least.

I presume they will be doing that to mine.

I had to beg/be angry etc to finally get a replacement vehicle (a Focus) from Ford.

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Well mine is going to a different (bigger) dealer for a 3rd attempt to fix the airco next week. They are keeping it for a week at least.

I presume they will be doing that to mine.

I had to beg/be angry etc to finally get a replacement vehicle (a Focus) from Ford.
Similar question like I asked @chriswolf63, the first attempt was just leak check and refill/recharge right? How long did it take before you had the same issue?

Seeing that picture is quite scary, one could already wonder where the dash rattle comes from:doh:. Anyway, if mine fails again I hope it happens within the next 6 weeks otherwise I'm out of warranty and the poopoo!

Sponsored

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
I'm kinda feeling lucky that it's never so hot here than I'll probably notice if this thing stops working :D on the other hand I've actually been very happy with my Ford service technician so far :D

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Similar question like I asked @chriswolf63, the first attempt was just leak check and refill/recharge right? How long did it take before you had the same issue?
^^ That. I am interested because I also had a refill/recharge of refrigerant and they also added some UV dye to see if there was a leak somewhere 10 days ago and the aircon works very well so far. I will take the car to the dealer a month after the refill so that they check if there is a leak.

So I wonder, is a month enough time to confirm that there is (or there is not) a problem somewhere in the A/C system?

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
^^ That. I am interested because I also had a refill/recharge of refrigerant and they also added some UV dye to see if there was a leak somewhere 10 days ago and the aircon works very well so far. I will take the car to the dealer a month after the refill so that they check if there is a leak.

So I wonder, is a month enough time to confirm that there is (or there is not) a problem somewhere in the A/C system?
I think the only way to know for sure is to put it back on the machine/pump and pull a vacuum and measure how much gas is still in it.

But also @usgiorgi hit the nail on the head in the other thread.

Any loss of refregirant indicates a leak somewhere. It's a closed loop system. Nothing should be lost throughout the ownership of the vehicle. Low refregirant means a leak. The fact that they think it's ok to just refill and send you on your way is ridiculous. Besides an environmental issue, it's a health hazard.

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1

Seeing that picture is quite scary, one could already wonder where the dash rattle comes from:doh:. Anyway, if mine fails again I hope it happens within the next 6 weeks otherwise I'm out of warranty and the poopoo!
My airco went out almost immediately. There was maybe a period of 5 days where it was cold on one side still, but by the time I made it to the dealer it was warm on both sides.

The blower fan in the interior is also making many, many weird noises (click as the fan runs).

1st visit: diagnose, check, refill
2nd visit: fit ordered parts, no change
3rd visit: coming up, they keep the car for a week and at a different dealer with more Mustang experience.

:)

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Good luck with that. Keep us posted on how things go.

One thing that I would like to add is that, after the a/c refill, the blower fan in the interior of my car makes weird noises (clicks) as well...

Sponsored

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
My airco went out almost immediately. There was maybe a period of 5 days where it was cold on one side still, but by the time I made it to the dealer it was warm on both sides.

The blower fan in the interior is also making many, many weird noises (click as the fan runs).

1st visit: diagnose, check, refill
2nd visit: fit ordered parts, no change
3rd visit: coming up, they keep the car for a week and at a different dealer with more Mustang experience.

:)
Thanks!

I had these click noises from the beginning... stil not sure what they are.

Maybe I should visit another dealer as well, as I just called mine and although cars keep coming in with the A/C issue they had not received any TSB or news from Ford about it. So I kinda lost my confidence in it, and a bit frighted that I might pay for it myself once I'm out warranty.
One thing I could try if this happens is use my legal assistance from the insurance company as there is evidence that the failure already started while I was covered under warranty. Fingers crossed!

I hope you get yours fixed soon! Cheers

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
I posted the following to the Front Tribar LED with Sequential Turn MOD thread (http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1905976#post1905976) but I also post it here, because the lack of the front tribar DRLs is a European thing.

I wanted to share with you my experience with Diode Dynamics' new tribar LED Boards with sequential turn signal.

I installed them a couple of months ago and at first they were working perfectly. A few days after the installation, the DRL function of one of them (the right one) was not working (all other functions were OK). I contacted Paul through the forums and, after following his detailed instructions, I found out that one of the T-Tap connectors was not making the connection very well. I fixed it with pliers and then everything was back to normal...

...until a couple of days ago! Now the left one was not working when the headlights were on. After reaching for the connection through the wheel well liner, I realized once again that the T-Tap connector was not making a good connection (piece of crap!).

So I decided to to do what I never wanted: remove the front bumper in order to do the connections the right way. I withdrew the crappy T-Tap connectors and I took my time to splice carefully each wire individually. After splicing them, I wrapped them initially with normal electrician's tape and then I used self-fusing rubber tape in order to make the connections strong, waterproof and heat resistant. For that I used 3M Scotch Rubber Splicing Tape 23 (http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/...h-Rubber-Splicing-Tape-23?N=4294922059&rt=rud).

Now everything works perfectly, as it should be and everything seems to be heat and water resistant. I believe that they will last forever. If you decide to use Diode Dynamics' front tribar DRL boards, I strongly suggest that you replace the inefficient T-Tap connectors when you first install them. The probabilities are that sooner or later they will stop working properly, you will be pissed off and you will have to do everything all over again, like I did... :shrug:

Last edited:

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
I agree, but I think I did a good job tightening everything up and waterproofing the connections with self-fusing tape, so that hopefully I will not bother again. :headbonk:

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
I dont want to be tedious, but I think I've warned you about the DD awful T-Tap connectors :)

I also let them know via the forum (about the t-tap they send with the side markers) and after a long discussion they agreed to check them out and use a better quality connectors.
It was one year ago.
Sponsored