I get the feeling that my AC is about to die as well :mad:

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
I get the feeling that my AC is about to die as well :mad:
Welcome to the club! Being a MY16 your lucky that the warranty is still running for some time...

If mine fails again next month after the leak repair its on my own expense from then on, although I might contact my insurance legal assistance if needed to prove that the issue started under warranty.

Anyway, good luck!

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Sorry to hear that Eric. Mine died in the middle of the summer, as I posted earlier and the temperatures are really high at this time of the year - I get literally grilled every time I drive my car...

[MENTION=14076]Notes[/MENTION] isn't there a warranty for good operation for every new part installed on a car?

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
@Notes isn't there a warranty for good operation for every new part installed on a car?
As far as I'm aware I don't think so, when I received my 3rd set of puddle lights I asked how long I have warranty on them and they said as long as the cars warranty lasts.
So 2 year in my case, ending next month... downside of an early adopter I guess!

Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
I'm not happy with the car as well: when back from my trip to Canada (23 days long) my battery was dead. Not normal for an 1,5 year old car. I tried to charge with a car battery charger but after 2 days battery was still dead. Checking with a multimeter, it reported 1,7 volts that probably means a short circuit in the battery.

I know that it is under warranty, but my dealer is at 70 kms from me, plus I need to have a verbal fight for sure ("it's your fault because you modded the lights!"...) and the mall with batteries at 60 eur is only 10 minutes away...

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, so many problems in such a short time of ownership... I think they are not made to last long...

They are fun to drive though, we have to admit that! :headbang:

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
I'm not happy with the car as well: when back from my trip to Canada (23 days long) my battery was dead. Not normal for an 1,5 year old car. I tried to charge with a car battery charger but after 2 days battery was still dead. Checking with a multimeter, it reported 1,7 volts that probably means a short circuit in the battery.

I know that it is under warranty, but my dealer is at 70 kms from me, plus I need to have a verbal fight for sure ("it's your fault because you modded the lights!"...) and the mall with batteries at 60 eur is only 10 minutes away...
It is mentioned somewhere in the owners manual that when you not driving the car for a few weeks it's recommended to connect the car to a charger or disconnect the battery.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
None of my previous cars needed this, so I didn't thought that this was so special to cannot live 3 weeks without running..
Also, the battery was not low (that would be 11,5v) but actually broken (1,7v) so I would probably have the issue at some point in every way. I was lucky that the car was at home!

OP
OP
Ericc B

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
You might wanna invest in a good trickle charger. These will keep you battery fresh when you car is not in use for a longer period of time. I have two Ctek's for my other two Mustangs and they work like a charm.

Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Now I have bought one :) but I never had the need of one in 20+ years of driving and many many cars in my family. In 2016 I also went in a 3 weeks vacation and had not issues with battery.

Also, temperature here hardly became a problem for batteries :)

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
None of my previous cars needed this, so I didn't thought that this was so special to cannot live 3 weeks without running..
Also, the battery was not low (that would be 11,5v) but actually broken (1,7v) so I would probably have the issue at some point in every way. I was lucky that the car was at home!
1,7v, you can trash this one... ones the plates are bent there is no reason to try and charge it again. Just get the 60€ replacement, maybe just let the dealer know.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
1,7v, you can trash this one... ones the plates are bent there is no reason to try and charge it again. Just get the 60€ replacement, maybe just let the dealer know.
Yeah I didn't measured it the first time and tried to charge.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
I think that some parts that Ford put on these cars (such as the intercooler, the a/c and now the battery) are really cheap in order to keep the costs down. Unfortunately it seems that they are becoming obsolete or damaged really fast and it will be more expensive for Ford to replace them under warranty.

The first problem is that this is really annoying for us, the customers, as our new cars have to go through a "heart operation" (as in the case of the a/c defect) and in some cases they will not be as good as they were before. Do you know for example that in order to replace the defective a/c, not only the dash but even the doors have to be removed? :crazy:

The second problem is that once the car is not under warranty any more we will have to replace or repair damaged parts out of our own pocket - and this is going to be tough... I really hope that we will not see any more parts on our cars become obsolete or damaged during the next few months or years.

For one I feel lucky because I managed to get a 5-year warranty on my car. I will definitely sell it before this warranty expires. Until then, I will have fun! :D

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Can you elaborate on that? Why do you say plates are bent? Do plates bend from a battery being drained? I have no knowledge of automotive batteries.
Sponsored