Sponsored

CVF Street Intercooler Intstallation Review

BlackEB2019

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the CVF Street Intercooler on Saturday. My stang is a 2019. I was very happy with the fit/finish/quality of the intercooler. Relatively easy install if you take your time. I did have to loosen the rad supports and lift the rad assembly a inch or so to get clearance for the install. Other than that, it just slipped in. I also had to drill out the hole in the mass sensor as the hole for the bolt on the intercooler is not positioned correctly. Here are some observations:

1. I was concerned about breaking the clips on the bumper cover, but this appears to be a non issue on the 2019 cars. Instead of clips, there is a simple plastic block with two 10mm nuts that hold the edges of the bumper cover in place. Took me a while to figure out that there was no 7 mm bolt like the Youtube videos show.

2. Most tedious part of the install was removing and reinstalling the splash pan. There are literally over a dozen screws and plastic pins. Getting it realigned and back on was a bit of a chore for me with the car on jack stands.

3. Removal and reinstall of the active grills was quite easy, the only difficult part is reconnecting the plug.

4. If I had reused the factory piping, the whole install would have taken me about 5 hours. However, I also purchased the CVF Aluminum Intercooler Charge Pipe Kit which added hours more to the install. More on that in my review of that kit.
Sponsored