CVF catless downpipe first impressions

whinin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mat
Vehicle(s)
15 EB, 92 and 96 Miata, 92 RX7
I've been looking and debating about a downpipe for my Mustang for a few months now. I finally settled on the CVF catless and can honestly say I couldn't be any happier. The craftsmanship and welds are fantastic and very well done and it fit with no issues. The downpipe has the rear o2 sensor out of the exhaust stream (think old school non-foulers) and I have not had a CEL yet which is good. At cold idle it sounds nasty, give it a quick rev and it pops on the way down. Once warmed up it sounds like it did with a catback, just throatier. I still have to get mine tuned, but at part throttle I feel it has a good sound level. Not too loud not too quiet. Getting it tuned next weekend so will report back with full throttle feel. Be wary on the turbo outlet studs, mine came out with the bolts still on them and there was absolutely no way for me to get them off. Quick trip to OR and picked up a 03133 exhaust stud kit and was back in business. Overall took me 3 hours to install with jack stands.

VIhunbN.jpg

djjEwdI.jpg

duDXH4v.jpg

9g70Maw.jpg

https://www.cvfab.com/products/cvf-...ess-downpipes-for-14-18-ford-mustang-ecoboost
Sponsored

Last edited: