CVF Catless 3" Down pipe First thoughts

Discussion in 'I4 2.3L EcoBoost Engine / Mods: Bolt-ons, Exhaust,' started by estebano123, Nov 8, 2018.

1. estebano123

estebano123 New Member

First Name:
    Esteban
    Vehicle(s):
    Mustang Ecoboost
    0   0   0
    I decided to give the CVF brand down pipe a chance and i am more than impressed with it so i figured i would share my experience, from the welding to the piece itself (which is gorgeous) as well as performance increases. I am 100% happy with this product, from the moment i installed and started it up, it sounded great.
    As for the CEL i havent gotten one and i dont think i will because the downpipe has a Defouler to keep the rear 02 sensor out of the exhaust fumes. The exhaust sounds very good, crackles and pops a lot but i also have a muffler delete so that may be influencing the car a bit. Performance, the car feels alot more powerful up top and with a tune (adam+) it feels amazing on full throttle
    attatched is a before(stock) and after (has muffler delete and downpipe)

before/after
    unboxing IMG-0802.png IMG-0822.JPG IMG-0823.JPG IMG-0811.JPG IMG-0824.JPG IMG-0816.JPG

w3rkn likes this.
  2. w3rkn

w3rkn Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    bmw 135is(sold)
    0   0   0
    Any chance you are going to do a dyno run soon..? I would be interested in seeing the torque curve with this mod.

3. 5.0yote

5.0yote AKA Bananana & 3.7Cyclone

First Name:
    Don
    Vehicle(s):
    2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
    Garage Profiles:
    Rating:
    100%
    5   0   0
    You gotta get rid of the resonator..... DP is going to be really restricted by it.