Custom order tips

Jnaszty559

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerardo
Vehicle(s)
2005 mustang v6
Hey guys , so I plan on factory ordering a premium 2021 twister orange Mustang Gt within the next 30 days, and wondering if anyone has tips on negotiating the price or things to look out for. I already got my loan approved by my bank and I live in California FYI.
Sponsored

velocirooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mach 1 Prem, 2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
If you don't mind driving to Iowa, or having a shipping company deliver, contact @Jay at Granger and send him your build sheet. I think they were quoting 4% under invoice for GTs. i paid 2% under invoice for my Mach 1, compared to $3000 over list with my local dealer, for a $6000 difference. You can use Jay's quote as leverage if you're unable to work that far out of state.

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
Hey guys , so I plan on factory ordering a premium 2021 twister orange Mustang Gt within the next 30 days, and wondering if anyone has tips on negotiating the price or things to look out for. I already got my loan approved by my bank and I live in California FYI.
how did you get a loan that early? lol my credit union was like, wait until the cars coming in before you even apply since itā€™s like a 3 to 4 month wait.

OP
OP
Jnaszty559

Jnaszty559

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerardo
Vehicle(s)
2005 mustang v6
I just made an appointment and asked them lol. I got approved in less 2 hours.

OP
OP
Jnaszty559

Jnaszty559

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerardo
Vehicle(s)
2005 mustang v6
how did you get a loan that early? lol my credit union was like, wait until the cars coming in before you even apply since itā€™s like a 3 to 4 month wait.
If you don't mind driving to Iowa, or having a shipping company deliver, contact @Jay at Granger and send him your build sheet. I think they were quoting 4% under invoice for GTs. i paid 2% under invoice for my Mach 1, compared to $3000 over list with my local dealer, for a $6000 difference. You can use Jay's quote as leverage if you're unable to work that far out of state.
i'll look into it.

Sponsored

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
I'd like to learn how to haggle. Wondering about ordering a Mach 1 myself.

OP
OP
Jnaszty559

Jnaszty559

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerardo
Vehicle(s)
2005 mustang v6
Well I just emailed a dealership sales person and he said that thereā€™s no negotiating and itā€™s sticker MSRP and fees šŸ˜šŸ˜

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
Well I just emailed a dealership sales person and he said that thereā€™s no negotiating and itā€™s sticker MSRP and fees šŸ˜šŸ˜
yup. thatā€™s unfortunately mine too when i placed my order in july. but i even hit my guy up to confirm my price was locked in and they couldnā€™t raise it once the car came in since dealerships are going over msrp at points now lol. but yeah i got mine for the exact price as fords website, and then legit it was like 3k in taxes and fees. such bs lol

OP
OP
Jnaszty559

Jnaszty559

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerardo
Vehicle(s)
2005 mustang v6
yup. thatā€™s unfortunately mine too when i placed my order in july. but i even hit my guy up to confirm my price was locked in and they couldnā€™t raise it once the car came in since dealerships are going over msrp at points now lol. but yeah i got mine for the exact price as fords website, and then legit it was like 3k in taxes and fees. such bs lol

I'm kind now really debating ordering one now .Paying MSRP doesn't seem right to me. :facepalm:

Sponsored

jblue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2021 Twister Orange GT Premium 401A Ebony Stripes
Congratulations on the car...unfortunately here in California they we try to give us more then just the "tip"šŸ„“
[/QU
You should have been watching Ford commercials throughout the Spring and Summer. I believe it started in May, as I ordered my car then, and ended early in September I think, but there was 1,000 off for ordering your car. My car got here on the 10th of September, but by then the price had increased by 1,000, however, the price was guaranteed at the time of the order. I have seen ADM on GT's which I think is ridiculous. Mine is TO, and I freakin' love it. I live in SLC, UT, and have not seen another TO one, so perhaps a bit of a rare color. Good luck, I'm sure you will enjoy when you get it. I love mine. The color is awesome and everyone has loved it. I know color is subjective, but not one person has said they didn't like the color. I've been a bit surprised, but it's been fun.

OP
OP
Jnaszty559

Jnaszty559

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerardo
Vehicle(s)
2005 mustang v6
I don't really watch Tv lol, but these prices are pretty ridiculous . And yeah I like TO color. I've always like the murdered look and had black cars , so this will be a first time for me having a bright colored car.

Milktasd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 cobra, 2000 Sonoma LSx, 2021 velocity blue gt
Call other dealers in your area and see what they say. You can always buy from one of the dealers on the forum, save a few grand that way. And either ship to yourself or buy a one way ticket and drive it home.

OP
OP
Jnaszty559

Jnaszty559

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerardo
Vehicle(s)
2005 mustang v6
Call other dealers in your area and see what they say. You can always buy from one of the dealers on the forum, save a few grand that way. And either ship to yourself or buy a one way ticket and drive it home.
i plan on doing that and hopefully they budge on the price.

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
Just ask for a few hundred dollara under. Worst he can say is no.
Sponsored