vincentjm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vincent
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT PP
Hi guys

I recently did a 2018 Manifold swap on my 2015.
Now, I did the full IMRC delete, so all of the holes in the Steeda CAI plastic elbow piping are unused. I stuffed these holes with some silicon, and while it does the job, it looks pretty ugly.

I thought about fabricating my own pipe out of aluminum, but I may need some advice.
The diameter where the MAF sensor sits is 101mm, but the throttle body opening is 2.5".
Would it be ok to just put a reducer coupler right after the MAF housing, and use 2.5" piping from there on?

Cheers
Sponsored

BrandonS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium A6
Make the intermediate pipe the same size as the maf housing and reduce at the TB. The less restriction before the TB the better. Think about drinking from a stir stick vs a giant straw. Also you don't want anything disrupting the air flow that close to the MAF as it will likely phuk up the MAF signal. I'm actually in the same boat as we speak. I ordered a 3.5-4" silicone elbow and a 4" carbon tube. I need a 22.5* 4" coupling to finish out this project.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Check your measurement, it's not 2.5" that's tiny.

The idea is to have as big of a tube for as long as you can, so really you should be doing the transition down as close to the TB as possible so use a step down coupler to connect the pipe to the TB.
Sponsored