Rinzler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
A friend of mine sent this to me. It is somewhat funny but very accurate to say the least.

IMG_3746.png
You say that until you realized that your Hellcat shares a good number of it's parts with a SUV. Not so special when you think about it like that.

Last edited:

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I actually want a Hellcat Pacifica. I don't think it will happen though. Van is FWD bias and transverse mounted engine..

Sponsored

Rinzler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
D2C platform is the cheap-ass version of DEW98. Careful throwing stones there chiefy.
Stellantis (FCA) has been sharing the LX platform variants between it's cars for years. My point about the specialness of the Hellcat engine stands.

Rinzler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
It doesn't though. Hellcat motor is it's own unique and beautiful snowflake. Not sure where you're getting the idea about "SUV parts".
The Hellcat motor is in now the Challenger, Charger, Grand Cherokee, Durango, and now the TRX. My point was that it is less special since it is shared with SUVs and other vehicles. I wouldn't be happy if I knew that my $80,000+ vehicle that was supposed to be bespoke shared an engine with a Durango, let alone what this post references, which is a minivan. In that case, a significant portion of the drivetrain is shared amongst all those vehicles.

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I love true sleepers. Shit boxes that get you laughed at for driving. That can blow the doors off of most cars.

https://engineswapdepot.com/?p=9597
This car was not as uncommon as you think. This was the wagon version of the Mitsubishi VR4 Galant. There were several of those at the local Mitsubishi dealership in the 90s. This dealer did all kinds of mods and upgrades to VR4 models and warranted the mods.

I have always loved sleepers. I dislike attracting too much attention. My last real sleeper was a highly modded 2004 Subaru Forester XT with STI and aftermarket upgrades. Foresters don't weigh much (3200 lbs), so it doesn't take much to get them to really move. It could light up all 4 wheels at launch. I used to pick on Mustangs at stoplights. I drove it for 105K miles and gave it to my daughter. It now has 160k miles .

My favorite sleeper was a 62 Chevy Biscayne 2 door station wagon (I think they might have called it the HandyMan), with the 409hp 409 and a 4 speed. It was great fun surprising all the cool cars and it could haul sheets of plywood!

Last edited:

Rinzler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
No, you said it has SUV parts. The engine itself IS a special design. This motor being in multiple models is what allows it to exist at all. Do you think the Coyote would still be around if it was "exclusive"? Not a chance. They might have developed it with the Mustang in mind, but it was always going to be in trucks.

Also, the drivetrain in the trucks/SUV's is not the same as in the Charger and Challenger. Otherwise, we'd have an AWD Hellcat Challenger. Though I'm sure you'd find a reason to shit on that as well.
Don't try to make me out to be a villain or hater here. I simply said that it shared parts, i.e. the engine and transmission components with SUVs. That is factually accurate.

I'm not sure what you're on, all I said was it was losing its specialness by being in so many models. I never talked about the economics of any of it nor brought that into the conversation. You're using that to try to justify the point that I made. And I agree, it's a good justification. That doesn't make what I said any less true.

Also, the drivetrain in the trucks/SUV's is not the same as in the Charger and Challenger. Otherwise, we'd have an AWD Hellcat Challenger. Though I'm sure you'd find a reason to shit on that as well.
Most people would consider the engine and transmission part of the drivetrain regardless of if the chassis is setup for rear or all wheel drive. They all have the 6.4 Supercharged Hemi with a ZF 8-speed transmission.