Sponsored

Will current EPA ruling trickle back to auto industry?

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Go back to your day job

window.gif

Great avatar pic as you complain about the environment. Were you double masked during that burn out?

Typical leftist hypocrite trash.
Yep. Doing a burnout in a V8 Pony car, while simultaneously complaining about what the US is doing to the environment.

Unbelievable.
Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Go back to your day job

window.gif

Great avatar pic as you complain about the environment. Were you double masked during that burn out?

Typical leftist hypocrite trash.
Typical “all or nothing” response from someone who hasn’t spent any time thinking for themselves.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yep. Doing a burnout in a V8 Pony car, while simultaneously complaining about what the US is doing to the environment.

Unbelievable.
In other news, people CAN change…they can change their viewpoint and their behaviour . Unless of course they’re so stuck in their preconceived mindset that no amount of evidence will ever persuade them.

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Typical “all or nothing” response from someone who hasn’t spent any time thinking for themselves.
Really? that's all you got?

Amazing how flacid the Aussies have become under their current dictatorship.

Sad... thought you'd have better for me!

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Really? that's all you got?

Amazing how flacid the Aussies have become under their current dictatorship.

Sad... thought you'd have better for me!
Dictatorship?

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Frankly, that's how I would call it. I know no better word for it.
You mean the Queen?

Australia is a constitutional monarchy with The Queen as Sovereign

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Nah, the queen is just a puppet. She doesn't count.
I know but it explains why. It's a mind set that they have a ruler.

Anyway in the UK, the Queen can dissolve parliament at any time. Not sure about Aus.

Last edited:

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Isn't that what it's called when one man is above the justice system and can make up his own laws, on the fly, as he sees fit?
Frankly, that's how I would call it. I know no better word for it.
First I’ve heard of this happening. I wonder if the media you’ve been watching might be talking shit?

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; This was already mentioned before the back and forth started. The EPA and other alphabet agencies were in effect making what amounted to law without any recourse from the citizenry. I was around when the agency got started. I witnessed the gradual accumulation of power to regulate. The politicians who might have stepped in stayed out for the most part as getting involved was a minefield of political hazards.

A fairly recent example is how bees have defined as fish so they fall under the authority of an existing regulation. I am for the bees as i like to eat. However, this sort of tactic has been used before. My guess and hope is while some of the authority of these agencies will be reined in, that the politicians will have to stick their necks out and review the regulations. If bees need special protection let them be addressed as the bees they really are.

Unless some sideways work around is used, it seems likely some of the agency's power will be curtailed. Perhaps they will have to work closer to the initial definitions of their charter and nor be able to modify definitions and such.

I was close friends with a college/high school zebra. He unfortunately was not prone to a strict interpretation of the rules. He told me of either not making a call or making a call depending on his feeling of what a player deserved. I did understand the point that if someone makes a valiant effort it is a shame that effort is spoiled by some small technical thing. I just do not think that is the way a ref ought to approach the game.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Some of it might. But I find it hard to believe that all of it is.
Hello; I agree. It is not as tho the EPA or the others will go away. They may have to go back to within a stricter interpretation of their goals as set in the original charter. To a degree these agencies had become almost like a fourth branch of government making their own rules and enacting them as if they were laws.
Maybe they are entrenched enough to find a way around the court's decision but i hope not. The idea seems to be the agencies have to have some accountability to the public. They were created under legislation and those legislators are accountable to the public. The agencies got to a point where they made and enforced rules on their own, often stretching the scope of their powers and redefining things to suit themselves.
The basic idea of having a cleaner environment is a god one.
Sponsored