Cup holders and handbrake - RHD

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White
Bad news folks - I contacted Jeff from Ford Service on here and he confirmed that the console won't be inverted for RHD builds. :paddle:
Sponsored

Jostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Bad news folks - I contacted Jeff from Ford Service on here and he confirmed that the console won't be inverted for RHD builds. :paddle:
At least I won't get confused when I get my next Ferrari :headbang:

thewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deep Impact Blue GT (soon). '04 Astra Convertible
From the interior shot it looks like the wiper and indicator stalks have been swapped to the correct RHD locations.

This is excellent news - you use the indicators more often than the handbrake or cup holders.
That's actually something I've been hoping they missed... Have had German cars for almost 15 years, manual for 4 of them and now I'm used to the indicator on the left

I'm not really worried about the handbrake, more the cup-holders getting in the way of the short-throw gearstick

Red Stang 302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Fastback GT 5.0 - Manual - Race Red
Just drove my sons Mitsubishi Lancer VRX down to the Mitsubishi Dealer to have it serviced.
Guess what??
The handbrake is on the left side of the centre console. No problems in using it.

mustang51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Toyota Camry
Huh so the hand brake is on the wrong side...? Screw that. I'll get delivery sell it and get an m4. That is rubbish for a 60k car
Why not just buy the m4 now and not buy the mustang

Last edited:

Sponsored

mustang51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Toyota Camry
Just drove my sons Mitsubishi Lancer VRX down to the Mitsubishi Dealer to have it serviced.
Guess what??
The handbrake is on the left side of the centre console. No problems in using it.
I am with you. Lot of people getting their panties knotted up over nothing.

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Why not just by the m4 now and not buy the mustang
Because it's more than double the price, not a v8 and isn't a mustang.

It was a flippant comment about my frustration with having to wait so long :)

mustang51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Toyota Camry
I ordered a mustang for the love of the car. The price was kind of less important. I just can't believe ford would do something that silly. People will actually not buy the car for this reason alone. If you are going to go to the expense of creating a global car in left and right hand drive then why do a 95% job
I think you are wrong. People will still buy it. I will.

mustang51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Toyota Camry
Because it's more than double the price, not a v8 and isn't a mustang.

It was a flippant comment about my frustration with having to wait so long :)
My bad. Thought you were serious.

In my opinion all the worry about handbrake, bonnet release, cup holders, mirrors, clear taillights, fake fuel cap and whatever people are moaning about this week is all so frivolous.

99% of the car is going to be great.

100% better than the Mustang available new we had up to now. Which was zero.

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
I think you are wrong. People will still buy it. I will.
You are not all ppl. Yes there will be people that wont buy the car because of removal of features.

Are there any other of my posts that you would like to provide your opinion on so I can reply in bulk rather than peicemeal? Or are you just having a bad day and feel like going after them one at a time

Sponsored

mustang51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Toyota Camry
You are not all ppl. Yes there will be people that wont buy the car because of removal of features.

Are there any other of my posts that you would like to provide your opinion on so I can reply in bulk rather than peicemeal? Or are you just having a bad day and feel like going after them one at a time
Melbnut. don't get offended I am not picking on you. I am just disagreeing with you. Thats the point of these forums.

I should have made a separate general post about the thoughts on the faults everyone is concerned about which I say again are trivial shit. Rather than talk about it with your post as a quote. my apologies if that has upset you. That was not my intent. Sorry. Cheers.

nadojay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 SRT Grand Cherokee
My bad. Thought you were serious.

In my opinion all the worry about handbrake, bonnet release, cup holders, mirrors, clear taillights, fake fuel cap and whatever people are moaning about this week is all so frivolous.

99% of the car is going to be great.

100% better than the Mustang available new we had up to now. Which was zero.
While im sure everyone here will congratulate you on being a 100% happy with whatever Ford decides to scrape up and serve, the points others have made are legitimate, for many the Mustang is a dream car and wanting to have it unbastardised is very fair, Melbnut made a very good point it will turn some buyers away, while that might not be those of us hanging on every scrap of info, the normal consumer could very well be turned off.
I also don't see whats trivial about changing major que points that make the Mustang stand out

mustang51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Toyota Camry
While im sure everyone here will congratulate you on being a 100% happy with whatever Ford decides to scrape up and serve, the points others have made are legitimate, for many the Mustang is a dream car and wanting to have it unbastardised is very fair, Melbnut made a very good point it will turn some buyers away, while that might not be those of us hanging on every scrap of info, the normal consumer could very well be turned off.
I also don't see whats trivial about changing major que points that make the Mustang stand out
Well that is where we disagree. :)

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT

The majority of buyers at the dealership I've ordered mine from are from an older demographic. Most have placed an order because the Mustang was such an iconic car from our youth.

We're buying it for the love of the car and there's probably nothing that would turn us off continuing with the purchase.

For me it's looking like no hood vents, no tri-bar gill DRLs, centre console not "lateralised", tail lights not sequential, and the grille is probably not going to be as per US GTs. All slightly disappointing but at the end of the day I still believe the car represents good value for what it is.

But, I can see buyers for the next round, especially those for whom it's not such an emotive purchase, will be more choosy and some of them will definitely be turned off.

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
I was looking at an old 1989 Ford Thunderbird SC that someone might be selling. A US car only ever made in LHD yet the handbrake is on the 'wrong' side and it has a wide central tunnel.

If Ford thinks that the Yanks can handle it, I doubt that they will change the Mustang's for us lot.

Mind you back in '89 those infernal cup holders didn't exist. First car I had with them was a 987 Boxster and they were hidden. I kept them that way to stop my wife at the time from slopping coffee all over my pristine interior :D
Sponsored