CSF vs mishimito vs pp radiators

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
I am considering doing an over the top air intake on my 5.0 with vortech, in order to put the air cleaner in the grill area. I know some NA guys have done this and they use a EB radiator. I believe they shave a little off the mounting legs to lower it, which allows you to put an intake pipe over the radiator. Anyways, I am going to try to do it, and was looking at the CSF, mish, and PP (Ecoboost) radiators. I did a couple searches on here, but couldn't find much; is there one that is noticeably better? I was thinking CSF, as I could cut the legs and reweld them.
Sponsored

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost, 6sp, PP, 2017 GT Convertible
I have a 2018 EB PP car. I installed the Mishimoto radiator. It's a well made unit. I think it's like 25-30% larger than the PP rad, which was about 20% bigger than a base rad. Obviously, I can't speak to how well it would work in your application.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I am considering doing an over the top air intake
Despite all the raves on facebook, they're pointless, stupid, and do next to FA. all the gains they're seeing in from removing the hood, or better weather conditions.

OP
OP

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
Despite all the raves on facebook, they're pointless, stupid, and do next to FA. all the gains they're seeing in from removing the hood, or better weather conditions.
I am running out of things to do, I don't know if it will affect my IATs or not. I am also getting a bigger IC, and you saw my other thread with the spray, IATs might not be an issue. But I go back to I am running out of things to do.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I am running out of things to do, I don't know if it will affect my IATs or not. I am also getting a bigger IC, and you saw my other thread with the spray, IATs might not be an issue. But I go back to I am running out of things to do.
Well an OTR ain't gonna help you. And going with a smaller Ecoboost sized rad definitely won't help. A bigger IC as you said is the golden ticket.

OP
OP

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
Well an OTR ain't gonna help you. And going with a smaller Ecoboost sized rad definitely won't help. A bigger IC as you said is the golden ticket.
This will probably be the where I stop. Currently have the stock GT rad, figured the aftermarket eco might be able the same size. But not sure I am going to try it, we'll see.
Sponsored