Sponsored

Crusing music in Your S550.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
My main thing is variety. I like old stuff if it isn't over played or if I haven't heard it for many years. I used to mostly listen to hard rock, but I don't know enough hard rock songs to prevent boredom and annoyance staying exclusively in that genre. I had a blues phase and I still love me some Tinsley Ellis, Govmt Mule, Gary Hoey, Gary Moore and a few others. Tired of SRV though.

I will change away from Bruce Springsteen, Nirvana, Bob Seger, to mention a few. Too overplayed in my opinion.

I'm a sucker for almost anything with a catchy tune. I even started listening to trance quite a bit lately. Getting old I guess. Alice in Chains is still one of my favorite bands, but I avoid the stuff that has been over played.
If you like the blues, check out this kid (Quinn Sullivan) playing with the likes of Carlos Santana and Buddy Guy. Pretty amazing talent. I've watched videos of him back when he was 8 years old.

Sponsored

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
A little more jazz oriented, don't know if you've ever heard of Ulco Bed who plays guitar for jazz saxophonist Candy Dulfer. Another pretty good talent that I enjoy listening to for something a little different.

ClevelandV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully 2020 GT or HP Ecoboost
If you like the blues, check out this kid (Quinn Sullivan) playing with the likes of Carlos Santana and Buddy Guy. Pretty amazing talent. I've watched videos of him back when he was 8 years old.

Thanks for posting!! Never heard of this kid before. For a second I thought it was Jonny Lang!

ClevelandV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A little more jazz oriented, don't know if you've ever heard of Ulco Bed who plays guitar for jazz saxophonist Candy Dulfer. Another pretty good talent that I enjoy listening to for something a little different.

She does a pretty good version of Pick Up The Pieces by AWB.

Sponsored

ClevelandV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've found that Springsteen's newest album, Western stars is great empty road music. While I could easily say it's not for everyone it really does have great imagery and makes a nice backdrop
I listened to one of the songs from that album and was disappointed. However, it is one of those albums that gets under your skin after a few listenings. Title track ranks up there with his best.

OP
OP

Coolmanfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
I listened to one of the songs from that album and was disappointed. However, it is one of those albums that gets under your skin after a few listenings. Title track ranks up there with his best.
Oh absolutely. I was in the desert outside of Bakersfield without a soul around and Western stars came on. Had the windows down. The setting sun, the open desert the rumble of the mustang, and then that amazing title track. It was pure bliss

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
I seem to play the same song over & over & over again...
The band: The Ford Philharmonic 32-Valve Orchestra
The song: The VooDoo Wail

It's right up there with their original songs: The Terminator Rumble & The Coyote Scream

Music that NEVER gets old...!!!!!!!!!!

Yareen1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yareen
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Late night/early morning is ambient music time. Daytime is metal. In the rain it's industrial. Other times my wife will pick a theme and I'll DJ on the fly using spotify.
Nice to see another ambient listener! what artists / songs do you like?

Sponsored

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
Johann Sebastian Bach: The Brandenburg Concertos. There is some of every kind of musical feeling in these things. I like the full-gallop sections best. No such thing as overplayed.

Plus which, the Sage said, "It is impossible to do anything stupid while listening to Bach". (Need all the help I can get)

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
When I'm driving a 150+ MPH I like to listen to Day of the Eagle by Robin Trower.
Thanks, man. I just had to go for a drive this morning to listen to Robin Trower Live. I can't remember the last time I listened to that, but I used to play it nonstop. You just made this entire thread! :rockon: :like: :clap:

Nickel

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Handling Package TR3160 w/Recaros
Emmitt Fenn Radio on Pandora or Kavinsky Radio. If you want corner carving music, Odesza Radio.
Sponsored