Sponsored

creaking sound with steeda progressives?

Adotcaruso86

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Explorer Sport
i got the steeda progressive sport springs installed on my '19 bullitt by a reputable custom shop in my area. i trust the work, but i dont necessarily know if it's the spring or the installation or just unknowing of a lowered vehicle but i have like a slight creak coming from the rear. not all the time, but mainly when im going over like a speed hump or a bumpier road at low speed. is this normal?
Sponsored

KewlWinter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost Premium+ Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
Couple of things... make sure that the springs are seated/oriented properly in the rubber seats. Since the springs lower the car approximately an inch, did the shop "clock" the bushings at all the suspension pivot points that have OEM bushings? I had a problem with creaking on variable surfaces at lower speeds and it turned out to be the rear upper camber arms. The alignment shop had adjusted and tightened the inboard pivot points on the camber arms with the suspension unloaded which produced bind and noise. I ended up replacing them with BMR rear camber lockout kit and Godspeed adjustable camber arms (bearings) which completely eliminated the problem

OP
OP
Adotcaruso86

Adotcaruso86

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Explorer Sport
Couple of things... make sure that the springs are seated/oriented properly in the rubber seats. Since the springs lower the car approximately an inch, did the shop "clock" the bushings at all the suspension pivot points that have OEM bushings? I had a problem with creaking on variable surfaces at lower speeds and it turned out to be the rear upper camber arms. The alignment shop had adjusted and tightened the inboard pivot points on the camber arms with the suspension unloaded which produced bind and noise. I ended up replacing them with BMR rear camber lockout kit and Godspeed adjustable camber arms (bearings) which completely eliminated the problem
Thanks- this sounds exactly like my problem. So maybe before replacing anything take it back to the alignment shop re-align the car with the suspension loaded to see if that could solve it?

illadvised

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian Spilner
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - 6R80 - Paxton 2200SL
So maybe before replacing anything take it back to the alignment shop re-align the car with the suspension loaded to see if that could solve it?
Yes, if they were a competent shop, they should have done that during the install. The car should be sitting on the tires and have full weight on everything, loosen everything and re-torque to spec. Then align it

A lot of shitty or cheaper shops skip this as they are used to doing basic alignments on regular cars.
Sponsored

Last edited: