OP
AndreiD

AndreiD

converted Ford fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2009 BMW X6 50i, 2012 BMW K1300R
Just trying to point you in the right direction. I hope it works out.
Yeah and I trully appreciate it!!! Thank you and cheers :cheers: ;)

This community has been great so far! Lots of mature folks and a lot of wisdom here and there :thumbsup:
Sponsored

OP
OP
AndreiD

AndreiD

converted Ford fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Gray Market import is basically a used car. Dealer in Europe buys it as a new car from the states imports it to Euro Country. Mods it to meet inspection requirements and sells it. There will likely be no factory warranty either
Indeed. This is the cost of the shitty Ford policy for not selling some vehicles outside US.

Did I mention I'm so into the 2017 Ford F150 Raptor? In fact that was the car I was aiming for but saw the 70k Euro (netto) bargain and it was a :love: from the get go. Now I still want the Raptor! :hail:

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Indeed. This is the cost of the shitty Ford policy for not selling some vehicles outside US.

Did I mention I'm so into the 2017 Ford F150 Raptor? In fact that was the car I was aiming for but saw the 70k Euro (netto) bargain and it was a :love: from the get go. Now I still want the Raptor! :hail:
Yup can also blame countries for not adopting universal standards for consumer products.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Werd, it has nothing to do with Ford. Very little in it for Ford to build a special Euro compliant version, not to mention the potential lack of a dealer network, qualified techs, etc

OP
OP
AndreiD

AndreiD

converted Ford fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Werd, it has nothing to do with Ford. Very little in it for Ford to build a special Euro compliant version, not to mention the potential lack of a dealer network, qualified techs, etc
Hmm not buying that. So till roughly 2 years go, the Stang was not available in Europe but now Ford found something special to sell the Mistang ecoboost and mustang gt?

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Hmm not buying that. So till roughly 2 years go, the Stang was not available in Europe but now Ford found something special to sell the Mistang ecoboost and mustang gt?
Yes because the models before wouldn't come close to global requirements. The 2015 was built for the global market.

The shelby is limited even in North America and not built in high enough quantities to send them to Europe. Also as excised as I am that Ford is selling the mustang around the world; Europe accounts for a small percent to total mustang sold.

So I place the blame on both on Ford for limiting the quanties and thus forgoing Europe with a shelby model and car markets having differing little standards like blinker colour instead of a global standards to make importing out of market cars anywhere.

veeefour

Troll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
1. Do you have Maps on dash? I know that my American Spec GT350 maps don't work in Europe. If you have maps that may be some kind of plug-in to give you euro maps.
I have a US spec Sync 2 and it works with EU maps - navi voice commands doesn't work tho.

Also I'm allowed to keep mine red tail lights...they removed the sequence but I was able to restore it.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
You are entitled to your own opinion, but there is a big difference between selling mass produced cars and limited production specialty cars.

TruVudu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mach 1
Amen! One of the reasons I bought this car is limited availability.

Lexluther

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350
[MENTION=22366]AndreiD[/MENTION]

You can get the lights in Poland from these guys

(the forum doesn't want to hyper link the foreign site)(take the spaces out from the link)

hd - customs . /american-muscle/am-lights/am-lights-mustang-2015/

Quote from site: Price for new modified 1400$, price for modification 400$ if you send your set to me.

Telefon: +48 660482016
Opole, Polska

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/hdcustomspl/

Last edited:

Sponsored

Lexluther

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350
@AndreiD

To remove thats rats nest in the glovebox you will need to get a euro spec navigation module from the dealer or a breaker off a wrecked S550 mustang.

Here's the vid of how to get to the module and change it out.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]csKNgrQNHUg[/MEDIA]"]

Besides the navigation there is a difference in radio frequencies. US has odd numbers while in europe they use even and numbers for the radio stations. Also the end to end number range is different.

US FM radio stations all transmit in a band between 88 megahertz (millions of cycles per second) and 108 megahertz. This band of frequencies is completely arbitrary and is based mostly on history and whim. Inside that band, each station occupies a 200-kilohertz slice, and all of the slices start on odd number boundaries. So there can be a station at 88.1 megahertz, 88.3 megahertz, 88.5 megahertz, and so on. The 200-kilohertz spacing, and the fact that they all end on odd boundaries, is again completely arbitrary and was decided by the FCC (Federal Communications Commission ). In Europe, the FM stations are spaced 100 kilohertz apart instead of 200 kilohertz apart, and they can end on even or odd numbers.

OP
OP
AndreiD

AndreiD

converted Ford fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You are entitled to your own opinion, but there is a big difference between selling mass produced cars and limited production specialty cars.
I get what your saying but what about the F150? Why is that nota vailable here? Along with it's bigger brothers?

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
The F150 was never intended to be a world car, the 2015 base mustang was. There is a lot more that goes into whether ford sells a certain model abroad or not, it's not just about if they feel like it or not. For the same reason tons of cars that are sold in europe are not sold here in the US.

OP
OP
AndreiD

AndreiD

converted Ford fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@AndreiD

To remove thats rats nest in the glovebox you will need to get a euro spec navigation module from the dealer or a breaker off a wrecked S550 mustang.

Here's the vid of how to get to the module and change it out.

Besides the navigation there is a difference in radio frequencies. US has odd numbers while in europe they use even and numbers for the radio stations. Also the end to end number range is different.

US FM radio stations all transmit in a band between 88 megahertz (millions of cycles per second) and 108 megahertz. This band of frequencies is completely arbitrary and is based mostly on history and whim. Inside that band, each station occupies a 200-kilohertz slice, and all of the slices start on odd number boundaries. So there can be a station at 88.1 megahertz, 88.3 megahertz, 88.5 megahertz, and so on. The 200-kilohertz spacing, and the fact that they all end on odd boundaries, is again completely arbitrary and was decided by the FCC (Federal Communications Commission ). In Europe, the FM stations are spaced 100 kilohertz apart instead of 200 kilohertz apart, and they can end on even or odd numbers.
Woha! Thanks for the clear up. I'll have to stick to that. Too much hassle for me. Rats nest haha :clap2: i will have to find a way to tuck it awayor smth if i wanna have a glovebix in this car

OP
OP
AndreiD

AndreiD

converted Ford fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The F150 was never intended to be a world car, the 2015 base mustang was. There is a lot more that goes into whether ford sells a certain model abroad or not, it's not just about if they feel like it or not. For the same reason tons of cars that are sold in europe are not sold here in the US.
:cheers::ford:
Sponsored