Crazy stuff on my GT350 and US to EU tail lights sequential

AndreiD

converted Ford fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2009 BMW X6 50i, 2012 BMW K1300R
Hi guys,

Got myself recently a US GT350, through a german importer. Couple of things strike me odd about the car:

1. Found a weird thing in the glovebox that I dunno what it is or what it does (have to appoint a facetime call with the dealer and have him explain it to me). Attached pic! What do you guys make of it?

2. Found the original (factory) Xpipe in the trunk, and when I asked him what is that doing there, he said he had to install a different Xpipe because the Ford Xpipe is too loud and illegal in Germany. :doh: I was not that surprised since, when i took delivery and fired the engine, I was a bit dissapointed as I thought it would be louder. Because of the anger, I now ordered a Corsa straight through Xpipe.

3. The lights don't behave as I expected them to. While I was in US, in Flordia, this November, I saw a couple of US stangs that had a particular order of signaling. The rear tail lights would light up from inside to outside in a sequential order, which I found very nice. I don't know if that is how Ford made them from factory or not but mine are not like that. Besides the conversion to orange turn signals, even the day lights are weird on the back. Here is a short video of my car and here is what I've seen on the net on how I'd like it to behave.

Mine:

Desired:

IMG_4870.jpg
IMG_4964.jpg
Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
1. Do you have Maps on dash? I know that my American Spec GT350 maps don't work in Europe. If you have maps that may be some kind of plug-in to give you euro maps.

3. With the lights, are they red or white? Maybe they dealer had to change them because of the sequencing. Remember that the Euro Spec Mustangs don't do the sequencer either.

OP
OP
AndreiD

AndreiD

converted Ford fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1. Do you have Maps on dash? I know that my American Spec GT350 maps don't work in Europe. If you have maps that may be some kind of plug-in to give you euro maps.

3. With the lights, maybe they dealer had to change them because of the sequencing. Remember that the Euro Spec Mustangs don't do the sequencer either.
For sure that's the thing. He said that it's about the maps but didn't give me any other details. He said I need a facetime with him when I have time and have the car outside (probably due to GPS signal).

Regarding no 3 I bet what you say is the exact thing. Moreover, he said the car came with red signal "idicators" and because of the EU legislation it needed to be converted to amber.

Now, while I understand all that, how can I get the EU signal sequencing as in the last video? Who sells stuff like this?

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
For sure that's the thing. He said that it's about the maps but didn't give me any other details. He said I need a facetime with him when I have time and have the car outside (probably due to GPS signal).

Regarding no 3 I bet what you say is the exact thing. Moreover, he said the car came with red signal "idicators" and because of the EU legislation it needed to be converted to amber.

Now, while I understand all that, how can I get the EU signal sequencing as in the last video? Who sells stuff like this?

Lucky for me, my status allows me to keep my car in American Spec. So X-pipe, Red sequence lights, and no maps are all on mine.

There is a Euro specific thread where they talk about making them sequence.

OP
OP
AndreiD

AndreiD

converted Ford fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucky for me, my status allows me to keep my car in American Spec. So X-pipe, Red sequence lights, and no maps are all on mine.

There is a Euro specific thread where they talk about making them sequence.
Care to point out that thread to a new grasshopper? :cheers:

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
AndreiD

AndreiD

converted Ford fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There was a video in this thread. They don't look exactly like the US Sequencing though. Hope this helps.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75711
Thanks but that solution doesn't make sense or is worth the trouble.

The proper solution is posted in the second video in that thread.

Apparently the same vendor that did it in the video I posted in this thread can do this. HD Customs.pl

The website is sketchy and you barely understand a thing, even in english version.

Contacted them via email, we'll see how it goes. Will keep this thread updated in case I go through with it, for future EU references.

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
So they cut up the exhaust without telling you and you still bought the car?!

A Gray Market import is basically a used car. Dealer in Europe buys it as a new car from the states imports it to Euro Country. Mods it to meet inspection requirements and sells it. There will likely be no factory warranty either

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks but that solution doesn't make sense or is worth the trouble.

The proper solution is posted in the second video in that thread.

Apparently the same vendor that did it in the video I posted in this thread can do this. HD Customs.pl

The website is sketchy and you barely understand a thing, even in english version.

Contacted them via email, we'll see how it goes. Will keep this thread updated in case I go through with it, for future EU references.

Just trying to point you in the right direction. I hope it works out.

OP
OP
AndreiD

AndreiD

converted Ford fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So they cut up the exhaust without telling you and you still bought the car?!
Well if something is hidden from you or withhold BEFORE you buy it and you buy it...?

I had it shipped from Germany to my shit hole of a country and guess what...I even got it slightly damaged during transport...

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76752

The only thing I could do then is refuse the delivery and have it sent back with me paying 2k for the transport. Then ask him for a full refund which God knows how long would take.

Nah I decided to keep the beauty and mend things here. :ford:
Sponsored