2011KonaBlue

Konabluepony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
As the title says, I hydroplaned this morning on my way to work and drove straight into the concrete wall between lanes. This all new to me as I fortunately have never had this experience before even though I have been driving Mustangs all of my life. My beautiful 2019 Need For Green is no more as it completely crunched the front and set off several air bags. The car did it's job, and I walked away with only a scrape on my wrist. For the people that have went through this, how does this generally go? The police gave me an incident number, and I have submitted a claim this morning. Will I have an opportunity to go and pull my personal items from the car, possibly even some performance parts or is that now decided by the insurance company? I feel that replacing it will also be a challenge in this market as a comparable car is at least $10,000 higher than what I paid 3 years ago. I can also consider getting something to get by with until the 2023 comes out and maybe go that route. I am just down knowing I just smashed a car I loved and a somewhat unique color. Any advice would be appreciated. Sorry I don't have better pics, but it was pouring with heavy traffic.

IMG_20220719_063612544.jpg
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Well, insurance would look at the value of the car right now which is the same inflated price other vehicles are so you should get taken care of in that aspect. Maybe get something to get around in and then put in an order for a 24 next year. That could be the best thing for you. Sorry to hear about your accident but glad you're okay.

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
if its totaled now might be a pretty good time for it to happen because you'll probably get top dollar from the insurance company. if they don't give you exactly what its worth or more hold their feet to the fire. if you do it right they will pay out what you deserve.

hopefully it doesn't come to that but if you need any protips im happy to share.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Hopefully you’re okay. Call your insurance, your claim if totaled should reflect the new normal in car prices. The NADA books are reflecting increases in value. How fast were you going just for reference?

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As the title says, I hydroplaned this morning on my way to work and drove straight into the concrete wall between lanes. This all new to me as I fortunately have never had this experience before even though I have been driving Mustangs all of my life. My beautiful 2019 Need For Green is no more as it completely crunched the front and set off several air bags. The car did it's job, and I walked away with only a scrape on my wrist. For the people that have went through this, how does this generally go? The police gave me an incident number, and I have submitted a claim this morning. Will I have an opportunity to go and pull my personal items from the car, possibly even some performance parts or is that now decided by the insurance company? I feel that replacing it will also be a challenge in this market as a comparable car is at least $10,000 higher than what I paid 3 years ago. I can also consider getting something to get by with until the 2023 comes out and maybe go that route. I am just down knowing I just smashed a car I loved and a somewhat unique color. Any advice would be appreciated. Sorry I don't have better pics, but it was pouring with heavy traffic.

IMG_20220719_063612544.jpg
Once insurance totals the salvage is all theirs.

Sponsored

Gfswindle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10
I would immediately jump online and start looking for comparable models on cars.com, autotrader, etc with the same miles and within the distance your willing to drive to get a new car. Grab screenshots and links to those and put them in a file or folder as your evidence in case insurance wants to shaft you. My single past experience with a totaled vehicle was a good one but I read many horror stories so I gathered tons of evidence to the real value of the vehicle just in case.

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
how were your tires? I usually put mine in rain/snow mode when the pavement is wet. Sorry for the loss man.

OP
OP

2011KonaBlue

Konabluepony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I was going 70 in a 65, so I also received a ticket. If the declare a total, then I can't get my stuff from the car? Do I need to contact the towing company and get over there as soon as I can?

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your personal stuff yes, but anything attached as a part to the car is then their property. In other words, the nice set of PS4S tires you might have bought 3 months ago are theirs. Unless the body shop lets you put on your take offs….but Usually, they won’t let you near it once the settlement is made. You may have the option to buy the salvage, but I’d think due to parts shortages they’ll use them to recover some of your payoff settlement.

Sponsored

marshdabeachy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marshall
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mustang GT Premium
My Ecoboost was totaled April of this year (currently waiting on my GT to be built next month).

They towed your vehicle to a yard somewhere, you just need to find out where and you can grab your personal effects out of it.

Your insurance will review the vehicle and offer you a payout based on what they determine the pre-accident condition of the vehicle to be. Personally I got $3k more than I paid for the thing after putting 30k miles on mine. Market was massively inflated back then. You might not get quite as much these days but I'm guessing it'll be pretty close to what you paid.

You can work with your insurance adjuster on this figure though. If you want to pull parts off, you may be able to do so for a reduced settlement. Talk to them about it.

Your insurance is going to go up. You are at fault for the accident and that ticket won't help either. Cop did the same thing to my wife for following too close.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It happens.
Sponsored