Sponsored

Cquartz UK 3.0 coating complete!!!

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
How long does that last? I want something relatively easy to apply. I honestly don't have the patience to do a full detail like the OP, but it shouldn't be needed just for protection, no? I could maybe clay the car, but hope even that is not necessary :D. After a professional detailer messed up my brand new Porsche in several locations a few years back while doing a paint correction (prior to applying PPF), I decided never to do it again. I drive my cars, so rather have the extra protection of a thicker clearcoat, than no 'orange peel'. I'm not going to spend 2 grand to put PPF on a freaking Mustang, so ceramic coating might be the best alternative for the money. Just need to find the cheapest but effective one, and do it.

The blue juice concoction is a detail spray used to maintain a ceramic coating. I don't know how good it is but Turtle Wax hybrid solutions ceramic spray has pretty good reviews. If you apply two coats with a 24 hr cure time inbetween says it will last six months. It's not a real ceramic coating though and they recommend a clay bar, polish first.

The Car pro gliss like mentioned above might be a better option if you want it to last longer. Can be used as a stand alone coating. Seems dummy proof but again might want to clay,polish prior.
Sponsored

Last edited: