Sponsored

CPR single Turbo - AED shop car

drive_55_not

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Coyote, S197 3v, 2018 Gen3 [RIP], 2020 Challenger 'Cat
T6 framed turbos is what Dustin usually builds these kits around.

Not sure on the AR though.

Has his lead time improved or is it still 6+ months? One local got a kit for his 2013 and it took 9 months to get all the parts.

Sponsored

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Has his lead time improved or is it still 6+ months? One local got a kit for his 2013 and it took 9 months to get all the parts.

Yeah.. it's terrible. From what i hear, no. Not improved as of yet. One guy on svtp was waiting a year.

Sad because his stuff is TOP notch.

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo
Yeah.. it's terrible. From what i hear, no. Not improved as of yet. One guy on svtp was waiting a year.

Sad because his stuff is TOP notch.
The problem is getting keeping the top quality parts in stock. Dustin is frustrated. Hard working guy. Great example of an American small business.

5.oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford white 5.0
CPR is building one of the only working "production" single kits and its unfortunate he cant build them in a timely manner. Time to hire some help.

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
CPR is building one of the only working "production" single kits and its unfortunate he cant build them in a timely manner. Time to hire some help.
I myself am a small business owner as well as many of my friends within my industry. It is easy to say hire somebody and very difficult to find someone that gives a fuck and well actually work. For example boost works Travis gave us an excuse (not sure if it is true) that his employee welded 10 sets of turbo headers and did them all wrong. He said the guy was mad at him and quit. But imagine tearing down your car after waiting for months for Travis to actually ship your parts out and only to find out they do not work. Months to get the parts only to ship them back and wait more months to get correct parts. I actually did not believe his BS excuse knowing how he plays with customers money. So waiting for Dustin to do the job correctly and quality does not sound that bad.

5.oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford white 5.0
I’m certainly not saying it’s easy to find good help. 2-3 months is one thing 6,9,12 is another. Cg fabrication has a 4-6 week lead time on their kits. That is very respectable

Sponsored

drive_55_not

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Coyote, S197 3v, 2018 Gen3 [RIP], 2020 Challenger 'Cat
The problem is getting keeping the top quality parts in stock. Dustin is frustrated. Hard working guy. Great example of an American small business.

No I'm not knocking the kit, His kit was built around a big ass T6 BW and I'm surprised he got that fucker to fit, It's HUGE.

The big thing I see about people saying get a CPR kit, is most don't wanna wait nearly a year for a power adder, especially paying for it up front.. I haven't heard of anyone getting screwed by him so that's their choice.

Yes, I though Dustin had a real job and was building kits on the side but that could've changed,

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
I myself am a small business owner as well as many of my friends within my industry. It is easy to say hire somebody and very difficult to find someone that gives a fuck and well actually work. For example boost works Travis gave us an excuse (not sure if it is true) that his employee welded 10 sets of turbo headers and did them all wrong. He said the guy was mad at him and quit. But imagine tearing down your car after waiting for months for Travis to actually ship your parts out and only to find out they do not work. Months to get the parts only to ship them back and wait more months to get correct parts. I actually did not believe his BS excuse knowing how he plays with customers money. So waiting for Dustin to do the job correctly and quality does not sound that bad.
Don't even bring that garbage person up lol.

I'm so surprised that everyone is okay with 6mo-1yr lead times on a kit. I know it's a great kit but wow, so much can change in that amount of time.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Classic avatar 3beeps, i laugh everytime i see that!

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
Don't even bring that garbage person up lol.

I'm so surprised that everyone is okay with 6mo-1yr lead times on a kit. I know it's a great kit but wow, so much can change in that amount of time.
Well....first off it is a high quality kit. 2nd, guys that see value in this kit are not your daily driver. They are addicted to the track (LOL) and his kit works. His kit held the record for the 11-14s for a while. And I imagine he will gain the record again very soon. And I have a very good idea of a local guy that will probably do it.

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
Well....first off it is a high quality kit. 2nd, guys that see value in this kit are not your daily driver. They are addicted to the track (LOL) and his kit works. His kit held the record for the 11-14s for a while. And I imagine he will gain the record again very soon. And I have a very good idea of a local guy that will probably do it.
I know it's a great kit...doubt anyone would argue that. I'm just blown away by how long people are willing to wait for it. 9mo+ lead times are insane to me
Sponsored