Sponsored

Coyote question

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
Nope. Gt350 manifold and e85
Me too brother. Same setup and 7900 rpm often, no problem. Almost 6k on the car now and over 6k rpm since day 1.:cheers:
Sponsored

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Just ordered a GT-350 manifold and ATI damper. 7500+ every day. It's not 1963, get out of the mindset and enjoy the car, it was built to rev.
Let me know how the ATI worksout. Lund told me he is against it and most of the time it is worst than the factory damper.

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
I have the perf. Pack with 3.73 and i can make it 1st to 2nd gear to redline then after that ticket time lol so i let her breathe when i can! :tsk:

daniel_94kg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 5.0
Just kind of curious on this as I've heard some say it's good some say it doesn't matter. Now I baby my 5.0 like nobody's business. I barely rev it past 3,500 and it's never even see past 6,000 rpm in 4,600 miles. I somewhat rarely do pulls though 3rd to fourth gear and let it get through the power band up to around 6k before I shift. I hear it's good to do pulls every now and then to clean out the engine, is that true? Or do is it really not have any effect on it. I'm trying to keep my car for as long as I can because it is my daily and my friend races his almost 4 times a week and beats it waaaaay worse than I can ever imagine on mine.
Its ok to rev it out. Take it up to 7k. it'll be fine. Let her stretch her legs every once in a while when the opportunity arises. whether or not it cleans out the motor, who knows, but it'll cleanse the soul and that works for me. If you're mashing gears and revving it out to 7800+ rpm every time you hop in the drivers seat, things are obviously going to start to break at a much quicker rate. believe me, I know...
Sponsored