Sponsored

Coyote question

Tempyy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT PP
Just kind of curious on this as I've heard some say it's good some say it doesn't matter. Now I baby my 5.0 like nobody's business. I barely rev it past 3,500 and it's never even see past 6,000 rpm in 4,600 miles. I somewhat rarely do pulls though 3rd to fourth gear and let it get through the power band up to around 6k before I shift. I hear it's good to do pulls every now and then to clean out the engine, is that true? Or do is it really not have any effect on it. I'm trying to keep my car for as long as I can because it is my daily and my friend races his almost 4 times a week and beats it waaaaay worse than I can ever imagine on mine.
Sponsored

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
I don't know if it's better for it, but the cars are made to run. I Gota ask, with no disrespect, if you don't hammer down more often,,,,,,,,, why the 5.0?

Johnny 5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' GT Premium, 6MT
^^^^^

What's the point? Curious as well.

GuardGT

is currently pooping
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crimson GT 10r80
with proper maintenance, after allowing your car to warm up to proper temps, and with proper driving, you should be able to run these motors hard and they wont even blink. stock parts with stock power handle abuse pretty well. i couldnt drive a performance car happily without stretching its legs when appropriate. and...i know this isnt a hard fact, but cars that are babied...never seem to run like they should/could.

Sponsored

Buellracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 magnetic GT/CS convertible
Mine is a somewhat DD that at least gets driven 3-4x a week at 100 miles per day or more and I purposely stay off the freeway and take secluded twisty FM roads I used to ride my motorcycle on and it gets floored regularly and while the auto won't let it hit the rev limiter I let it go all that it will.
I've had many fast or sporty cars including a '10 vette and an '07 SLK 55 AMG and this car by far is the most fun to drive because of this motor! It is SO lively and entertaining and it LOVES to rev up and sounds amazing when you let it!

Swayse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt auto
I bet it uses oil, it seems like they do without a proper break in.

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Mine sees WOT at every stop.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Just kind of curious on this as I've heard some say it's good some say it doesn't matter. Now I baby my 5.0 like nobody's business. I barely rev it past 3,500 and it's never even see past 6,000 rpm in 4,600 miles. I somewhat rarely do pulls though 3rd to fourth gear and let it get through the power band up to around 6k before I shift. I hear it's good to do pulls every now and then to clean out the engine, is that true? Or do is it really not have any effect on it. I'm trying to keep my car for as long as I can because it is my daily and my friend races his almost 4 times a week and beats it waaaaay worse than I can ever imagine on mine.
Engine generally runs better if you run in all of its RPM range. Low RPM range actually can hurt it. So yes, it is true.

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
Your not doing your engine any favors. After its at normal operating temperature let it run every now and then. It's fun, promise.

Sponsored

HavasuCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Base, Competition Orange
Mine just hit 1500 miles this week.
Been running up to 3500 rpms till this point, finally went WOT the other day from 50 mph roll and WOW was it fun. Up to 100 in just seconds.
I also DD my car, 100 MI per day and plan on keeping her for a long time.
It'll see WOT for short bust more frequently.
Love it!

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
Let her rev! These motors can take a beating.

Rustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rustan
Vehicle(s)
LB '17 GT Premium PP
Not sure if there is any scientific proof behind my theory but if you have ever seen a car that someone normally babies their car go hammer down and all that shit comes blasting out of their tailpipes? I'd venture to say some cleaning out is going on there. If you don't use it you loose it, open that pony up!

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I remember my 98.5 SVT Contour that had a 2.5L V6 ... you'd get a kick out of the engine at around 3,800 rpm (much like the Coyote) and that was from a secondary set of butterflies that would open up at the RPM. It was a sweet engine when I look back on it.

If you didn't open it up once in a while those butterflies would stay closed and carbon and gunk would build up around them. In fact, I became an expert at removing the intake manifold for the sole purpose of cleaning those butterflies with a good cleaner and a toothbrush and rags. Yeah, it still got dirty but not nearly as much as if I didn't "let the cobwebs" out of it now and then.

I've seen reference here to the term "IMRC" which on the 2.5 was "intake manifold runner control" so I assume the Coyote has the same set-up as the 2.5 but can anyone confirm a 2nd set of butterflies??

No need to beat on the car but yeah have a good romp now and then!

V8EATR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Sell it and buy a KIA. Or a Prius. Problem solved.
Sponsored