Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
Yes, opening it up once an a while is good for the motor.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I rev my hoe all the way up to 7900 and she sounds real dirty.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
These engines are designed to run at high RPM.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Spank that throttle like she loves it. If you neglect her she'll leave you for someone who knows how to play rough.

Sponsored

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
I rev my hoe all the way up to 7900 and she sounds real dirty.
I hope you mean 6900rpm, my SC'ed GT is in that range, now my 350 is another story!!!

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Once the engine broken in and oil changed, feel free to run the car hard once a while. For me is about once a week wot hitting redline at least.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Not sure if there is any scientific proof behind my theory but if you have ever seen a car that someone normally babies their car go hammer down and all that shit comes blasting out of their tailpipes? I'd venture to say some cleaning out is going on there. If you don't use it you loose it, open that pony up!
It's true.
It's all because of carbon deposit inside the mufflers.
Actually babied engines and exhaust system have more carbon build up causing the cats to fail prematurely. Also carbon keeps the rings and valves to seal making the engine run poorly and burn oil.
All my vehicles gets driven hard once a while and their exhausts are clean as hell.

Pedestrian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I gave mine about 30 miles until the right foot went down... Never stopped since.

Enjoy the car, don't piss about with an engine like that!

Sponsored

Rustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rustan
Vehicle(s)
LB '17 GT Premium PP
I remember my 98.5 SVT Contour that had a 2.5L V6 ... you'd get a kick out of the engine at around 3,800 rpm (much like the Coyote) and that was from a secondary set of butterflies that would open up at the RPM. It was a sweet engine when I look back on it.

If you didn't open it up once in a while those butterflies would stay closed and carbon and gunk would build up around them. In fact, I became an expert at removing the intake manifold for the sole purpose of cleaning those butterflies with a good cleaner and a toothbrush and rags. Yeah, it still got dirty but not nearly as much as if I didn't "let the cobwebs" out of it now and then.

I've seen reference here to the term "IMRC" which on the 2.5 was "intake manifold runner control" so I assume the Coyote has the same set-up as the 2.5 but can anyone confirm a 2nd set of butterflies??

No need to beat on the car but yeah have a good romp now and then!
The 5.0 does have charge motion plates in the intake to increase intake velocity at low RPM to increase low end torque, however they are a different design than in the past that hinge to the runner walls to completely get out of the way to reduce restriction at WOT. I think this is new to the 15's up to, and they also help provide a smoother idle.

TheDoctor66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP Name: Sylvanas
I am at 580 miles so far and it has seen the red line a few times. Usually I drive it like an old lady 65 cruise control in the slow lane. Every once and awhile I give the business because the Banshee Queen requires it. I am breaking in the motor like I did with my GSXR 600, nice smooth pulls through the rpms with the occasional romp up to redline. But you should clear out the cobwebs every once and awhile. ;)

RomanB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Just ordered a GT-350 manifold and ATI damper. 7500+ every day. It's not 1963, get out of the mindset and enjoy the car, it was built to rev.

347CobraII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Just drive it and get on it but not saying beat hell out of it. Every engine I've seen from people who baby it use oil and take longer to break in.
Sponsored