Sponsored

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
...Bullitt...But it pulled right up to Red line in every gear unlike my 16 which kind of fizzles out at about 6,500.
Probably because 6500rpm is the redline for a 2016.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I climb into the car fire it up, explodes to life. And I smile, here I sit in a car DOHC, 4 valve heads. That at one time was only seen at indy.

Now driving, pinch myself to make sure it's not a dream.

The motor if not perfect sure as hell has the DNA to be machined, with some parts added to get there.

Thanks you for posting this Cobra Jet :thumbsup:

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
Probably because 6500rpm is the redline for a 2016.
6500 is the "yellow" (I wish they used colors instead of stippled lines), 7K the red. But the hp peak is 6500 then starts to drop off...mostly due to the mid-rpm focused IM. Slap on an IM with shorter runners like an 18, GT350 or CJ and it will make power at higher rpm.

One thing I've never read anybody commenting about or in an article is why the yellow/redline is the same as a Gen1 with higher flowing heads, bigger valves, more aggressive cam, higher rpm valve springs...I'm guessing its due to the S550 intended as a global car where in some countries gas is particularly dodgy. I think if it were only for the US & Canada the redline would be higher. On assumed 91+ with PP3 (GT350 TB, IM, CAI) the redline is 7500.

MexicanFiestaST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
My contribution to this thread:

COYOTE_TECH_GUIDE_062819.PDF (ford.com)

Also, I agree with many of you about the article: more amusing than useful, especially when the author claims that a naturally aspirated motor that makes 91 bhp/L is "not that good".

I'm not knocking the OP, mind you, just the author.
Sponsored