Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
Okay... Let's talk oil catch cans.

I understand the purpose and benefits of having an oil catch can or oil air separator.

What I'm trying to figure out on the S550 is whether or not two are required. Because the motor obviously has two Banks it has a PCV breather hose on both sides. So am I thinking you should have one on both sides and possibly only putting one on could create an imbalance in the PCV system of the car?
I'd like to use the Ford performance versions. Yes they're more expensive than the jlt but I'm going to keep this as Ford performance oriented as possible.

Issue number two. I'd really like to put some Ford performance valve / coil covers on my bullet motor. The problem is I can't find any that will fit the 2018 to 2020 coyote motor. Can anyone elaborate on this?
Sponsored

GregP27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2007 Nissan Titan; 2010 Hyundai Veracruz; 2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP1
Only one is required

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Can somebody please post the correct Ford Performance catch can that fits the Gen3 Coyotes? There are 2 versions for the Coyote, but none of the Ford parts websites have pictures, so no idea which one to order. The one with the 2 push-pin fasteners doesn't fit my Bullitt; it has to be the one with a long/weird bracket. Thanks.

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
Okay... Let's talk oil catch cans.

I understand the purpose and benefits of having an oil catch can or oil air separator.

What I'm trying to figure out on the S550 is whether or not two are required. Because the motor obviously has two Banks it has a PCV breather hose on both sides. So am I thinking you should have one on both sides and possibly only putting one on could create an imbalance in the PCV system of the car?
I'd like to use the Ford performance versions. Yes they're more expensive than the jlt but I'm going to keep this as Ford performance oriented as possible.

Issue number two. I'd really like to put some Ford performance valve / coil covers on my bullet motor. The problem is I can't find any that will fit the 2018 to 2020 coyote motor. Can anyone elaborate on this?
You only need one catch can. We sell them here at www.lethalperformance.com. As for the coil covers. Give JC Customs LLC a call.

Sponsored

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
So they make catch cans for both sides but. Only the passenger side is "needed" due to many reasons and technical things we wont go into here. The one on the drivers side wont do much of anything and is why people don't buy them for the most part. There are many videos and posts around the net of the drivers side being on for months and months and there being little to no oil in them. As for the passenger being "needed" well that is debatable. There is no real proof they do much, yes they catch some oil but is that oil really harmful? The topic can be and is debated about as much as any other oil, gas, warranty thread out there. You will have the die hards that say what? you have to have one and then you have the other 95% of owners who dont have one . Buy one if you race a lot I would say and it makes you feel happy. If you just drive daily and are on the fence eh its an item that can be done without and your car will be just fine. But either way its pretty universal the drivers side is not needed on the s550. if you want to run one and have the need for one then the passenger side is all that is needed.

IM sure they do some good but for me personally I find it just another maintained item I have to keep up with.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Can somebody please post the correct Ford Performance catch can that fits the Gen3 Coyotes? There are 2 versions for the Coyote, but none of the Ford parts websites have pictures, so no idea which one to order. The one with the 2 push-pin fasteners doesn't fit my Bullitt; it has to be the one with a long/weird bracket. Thanks.
Part number M-6766-A50A

Acording to the instructions it fits both GT and Bullitt.

WD :like:

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
You only need one catch can. We sell them here at www.lethalperformance.com. As for the coil covers. Give JC Customs LLC a call.
1 maybe for the street ( passenger side) but 2 is mandatory If you track your car
The all aluminum gt500 valve covers are also a great upgrade. Keep engine cooler and quieter but more importantly, has a much better baffling system for the pcv

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
And BTW, if you don’t have oil in the driver side when you track your car, It’s because you are not going fast enough.... seriously... and it’s why the gt500 valve covers with much better baffling is also needed if you really push your car

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I agree with Luc. One unless you track a lot and I mean a lot. Two is pointless for most. I have a UPR on mine. The regular one, not the quick connect. I like the capicity on it and how it is pretty hidden. I barely see oil in it. Now my 2.7L Eco F150....that sees a lot more because of it being an ecoboost.
My friend has 2 on his GT350 and the drivers side is always dry.
Just stick with 1. Don't waste money on 2.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bulldog9

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
Thanks for the feedback, I ordered the Passenger side Ford Performance catch can, as well as the Ford Racing Oil Filter, Motorcraft 5W30 oil and the metal drain plug. I'm almost at 3K miles and will do a change of oil and filter, then likely just the oil at 5K.

Eventual goal is oil and filter every 10K and oil every 5K. I normally run AMSOIL, but have read good things about the Motorcraft semi synthetic. Was surprised to see a 10 quart capacity! My Tundra also has a 10 quart capacity.

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I stuck with the Motorcraft oil. I've always went full synthetic with any other car. I don't have any ticks or noises like a lot of people do or get. So I'm going by if it ain't broke don't fix it.
Sponsored