Sponsored

Cost to replace blown Ecoboom engine?

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f250 turbo diesel and 2016 mustang svo
Prob quite a few of us who are not in the groups nor do we do FB... and before you say “join”, there are those of us who don’t want to support FB or be a part of it. :D

Can someone kindly copy and repost that LP sensor/fuel info from that FB Group to here?
Nice try to ask for that !!!

The fact is he blew another motor of a" customer " of his beloved fallowers and others say it is your fault for this or that..funny stuff there !! I am electrician by trade if I install an electrical circuit in someone's house and it burns down I would. In deep sh_t ( ya not the same) but if kill someone I'm going to jail if not done right ..

There are better tuners out their just get on a dyno save the head ACH::headbonk:
Sponsored

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
Check out the suspension forum here . There is some pretty funny stuff about the lowering springs and some of the stuff steeda is dishing out . I have been following with a long pole since these are the only mods I have ever been interested in . I can't stand the highway bounce and have found solutions to gaining the right stance with a better performing suspension . Trial and every body elses errors

jrock

The
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Blue EB
Vehicle Showcase
Well Google Failed me...Just G that "mustang ecoboost low pressure fuel sensor failure" I can not find any info. So, Google must not be included in the Facebook group...

kert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kurt
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Premium
Prob quite a few of us who are not in the groups nor do we do FB... and before you say “join”, there are those of us who don’t want to support FB or be a part of it. :D

Can someone kindly copy and repost that LP sensor/fuel info from that FB Group to here?
Also be aware, Adams group is his personal echo chamber. He will remove anything remotely critical of hom and ban you from the group.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
I noticed their website changed and now reads: WE REQUIRE YOU TO HAVE AN INTERCOOLER IN ORDER TO TUNE YOUR VEHICLE. Mine and many others were tuned with the Stock intercooler before this disclaimer was added. However, I'm realistic, the tune comes with no guaranties and I don't expect anyone plans on sending me a check for my troubles if I whine about it since I'm one of the dip shit's that was eager to believe his rhetoric (and that of other forum members).
Adam must be selling intercoolers again... yea, he started pushing spark plugs when he had those on his website. Whatever he started selling was the new "it" thing that would "fix" ecoboom. I always thought he was just selling snake oil... but oh, well.

I had my fair share of "forum burn" when I went against him and his clients.

But I don't trust any of these tuners. I even had one (not adam) tell me they "messed up" some engines earlier in winter when the eco mustangs first came out. Nothing on the forum about it...

Sorry this happened to you.....

My 3/26 warranty is up next month and I'm considering a move to something else... well, 80% sure I'll be moving to something else. One I thing I learned from this: spend the money and get the car you want directly from the factory. lol

If you own an eco, you should have enough saved for a new engine in your emergency fund. https://www.investopedia.com/terms/e/emergency_fund.asp

I would have to agree ...90% of the failures have been running Adam Brunson ' s tune
Facebook is plastered with a bunch .. he is running a corrupt enterprise promising and conning every Dip shit eager to believe his rhetoric ...from empty catch cans to shit tunes ..
Ha ha..... :lol:

Last edited:

Sponsored

DansEBM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost PP Mustang
Talked to Adam today about this, and this is what he recommended to do to see if there are any issues with LP fuel sensor.
Set a guage on your accessport for lowside fuel pressure actual, and another for low side fuel pressure desired. Start car and make sure they match while sitting idle. If your actual is significantly higher than your desired then sensor is possibly bad.

Have not had a chance to check mine yet, very curious to try this out.

OP
OP
Datalux

Datalux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost, Premium, Auto, PP
I recently bought a built complete long block from Esslinger, valve cover to oil pan, ready to drop in. I got a nice discount off it since the original buyer backed out.

However, I saw the full build sheet and it would of been $7k retail without my discount. No core charge or anything, brand new block, head, and all the rest new parts. Pretty much as built as you can go before sleeving the block. No matter what route you go, it will probably be around the $7k mark for a complete drop in longblock.

If you're spending that much, definitely recommend a pro shop such as Esslinger. They even go the extra mile of breaking in and testing the motor on an engine dyno before shipping. No many shops can say or do that.

Depending how long you are willing to wait, my factory motor in my car now is still 100% fine. Once the built one goes in, I am probably going to try and sell it since I don't need it as a core.
I actually remembered seeing that engine credit on the classified's and looked for it the night mine blew and saw that you bought it. Damn you, but glad you got a good deal. Esslinger isn't far from where the car is right now (25mi) and if I could get the whole thing done for 6-7k I would probably do it.

I'm still considering the Livernois but they don't give a break down of the actual components used. Having the dealer do it for $5,200 w/factory warranty is also tempting. I would probably do the Ford calibration if I go that route. I'll be selling the Cobb AP...

,...........!!!!!! ......EBAY MOTOR.....!!!!!!!........

I would replace the "head gasket" on any used engine above 30,000 miles ! "when buying used" not necessary but just me.. It's out what the heck... :cheers:
NOT! I don't want a used engine because I don't want to buy someone else's problems or an engine that was beaten on before it became a donor car. That's just asking for trouble and I'm quite capable of beating on it myself. :paddle:

jrock

The
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Blue EB
Vehicle Showcase
I'm still considering the Livernois but they don't give a break down of the actual components used. Ha
Breakdown of componts https://www.livernoismotorsports.com/product/LPP750097
Components

2.3L Aluminum Block
Forged Crankshaft
Coated Forged Pistons
Stainless Steel Ringset
Thick Wall Tool Steel Wristpin
4340 Forged H-Beam Connecting Rod
Tri-Metal Performance Main Bearings
Tri-Metal Performance Rod Bearings
Powerstorm Main Stud Kit

Machine & Assembly Work

Deck Plate Honed Cylinders
Main Housing Bores Align Honed
Block Deburr and Radiusing
Oil System Modifications
Balance Rotating Assembly
Rod Clearances Set
Rings Hand Gapped and Filed
Shortblock Assembly

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
This thread has really gotten interesting . We need to keep track of adam + and that entity so we are aware of all of his deceptive practices .. then pounce on his million dollar scheme to defraud the consumer with law suits and etc. etc .

Guess why he moved to Texas ?

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
He is a tuner maxing out the engine. He is not going to advertise "Hi, I blow up engines " , but chances are, it might happen. Yet people still come on here everyday blaming a 4 cyl engine pumping over 400 lb torque or a undersized turbo pushing 22-24 psi into a aluminum block.

Don't forget these tuners make money off the products they endorse. They start from their garages and work their way up by selling products. Does it mean they don't know what they are doing? No, not necessarily, but they are not going to sell you their products by being on the side caution.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Datalux

Datalux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Breakdown of componts https://www.livernoismotorsports.com/product/LPP750097
Components

2.3L Aluminum Block
<snip>

Machine & Assembly Work

Deck Plate Honed Cylinders
<snip>
Thanks, I mis-spoke as I should have said they don't list the brand of components their using. I was mainly interested in the piston & rods.

Might be a moot point, Esslinger came in at $6,800 for just the block and head clean up, which leaves me nothing in the budget for R&R labor or misc. parts it might need. I expect Livernois will be comparable. #2 went and the piston shattered, so I may need a new turbo in the event anything bounced thru it. Dealer came down $1,000 on the engine so w/o the turbo we're at $5,200 out the door w/ 36,000mi warranty or $6,200 w/ turbo. That leaves enough in the budget for a FP Tune and intercooler.

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f250 turbo diesel and 2016 mustang svo
This thread has really gotten interesting . We need to keep track of adam + and that entity so we are aware of all of his deceptive practices .. then pounce on his million dollar scheme to defraud the consumer with law suits and etc. etc .

Guess why he moved to Texas ?
Why is Texas it's own country

Doors open for business to allow fraud to extortion funds to practice

Blow me up +(to bad my brothers ) I hope I meet this guy some day..

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
Thanks, I mis-spoke as I should have said they don't list the brand of components their using. I was mainly interested in the piston & rods.

Might be a moot point, Esslinger came in at $6,800 for just the block and head clean up, which leaves me nothing in the budget for R&R labor or misc. parts it might need. I expect Livernois will be comparable. #2 went and the piston shattered, so I may need a new turbo in the event anything bounced thru it. Dealer came down $1,000 on the engine so w/o the turbo we're at $5,200 out the door w/ 36,000mi warranty or $6,200 w/ turbo. That leaves enough in the budget for a FP Tune and intercooler.
I mean if you're happy with just the FP tune and power, go for it. But if you have any plans or itch to mod the car in the slightest, just spend the extra money on a motor with upgraded internals.

OP
OP
Datalux

Datalux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OK, for those who might have a need to look for this info like I did, here are the P/N's you'll need for stock long block replacement.

$2,853.57 - GR3Z6006E - ENGINE - Mustang; w/o Performance Package
$2,843.91 - GR3Z6006F - ENGINE - Mustang; w/ Performance Package
Not sure what the difference between the two are. May also be listed as FR3Z6006E/F

$35.29 (x4) - EJ7Z9F593B - INJECTOR ASSY.

$689.64 FR3Z6K682D - TURBOCHARGER - 2.3 LITER

$xxx.xx per hr. - Labor - 12-13hrs.

$250.00 - Misc. Parts/Fluids

So if you're paying much more than these prices, you should be able to talk them down. You should be getting a 36,000 unlimited mileage warranty with this rebuild.

5.0yote

AKA Bananana & 3.7Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
OK, for those who might have a need to look for this info like I did, here are the P/N's you'll need for stock long block replacement.

$2,853.57 - GR3Z6006E - ENGINE - Mustang; w/o Performance Package
$2,843.91 - GR3Z6006F - ENGINE - Mustang; w/ Performance Package
Not sure what the difference between the two are. May also be listed as FR3Z6006E/F

$35.29 (x4) - EJ7Z9F593B - INJECTOR ASSY.

$689.64 FR3Z6K682D - TURBOCHARGER - 2.3 LITER

$xxx.xx per hr. - Labor - 12-13hrs.

$250.00 - Misc. Parts/Fluids

So if you're paying much more than these prices, you should be able to talk them down. You should be getting a 36,000 unlimited mileage warranty with this rebuild.
Generally $3600 + labor etc for a complete engine is not too bad as far as a complete long block is concerned, and if you send the core its 1K less. So technically you could easily just budget the whole $3600+ as installed. It is a good option to go back to a stock unit if you smoke it, provided you do not kill the turbo too. And yeah who knows what the difference is with the [E-F] model. I was not under the impression the base or PP versions were any different.
Sponsored