Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
No way they're going mid engine with the Corvette. I'd bet it's the new Cadillac supercar.

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
Don't be so sure. The midengine was supposed to appear with the C7 however GM's bankruptcy put a monkey wrench in that.
Maybe... but a lot of 50 somethings are going to have heartburn over a mid engined Corvette. Look at all the gassing we did when we heard the Ford GT was a V6TT. You'd of thought Mike Tyson was having a sex change operation. That front engine RWD layout is pretty engrained in Vette-heads.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Or a pickup bed version.

Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Maybe... but a lot of 50 somethings are going to have heartburn over a mid engined Corvette. Look at all the gassing we did when we heard the Ford GT was a V6TT. You'd of thought Mike Tyson was having a sex change operation. That front engine RWD layout is pretty engrained in Vette-heads.
There have been a lot of fairly expensive changes at the Bowling Green plant. Some people have suggested that the C8 will have two versions..a F/R for lower trims while a ZR1 or Zora or UltraCarbonUberCorvette (whatever) would be a M/R design...thus allowing the lower price of entry for the working class and a halo car so the typical Corvette snobs won't have to associate with the lower classes.

Seceda91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G35 M6 - Want a V8!!
Yeah go for it, mid engine, DOHC 6.2 V8..it will cost about 120k. Z06 buyers will be pissed for sure since they are no longer the top dawg.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Yeah go for it, mid engine, DOHC 6.2 V8..it will cost about 120k. Z06 buys will be pissed for sure!

I can see this being their Ford GT. Look for it to be in the $300K-$400K range. Could they sell it for 120K and still make a profit.. Probably.. But will the greedy bastards?

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
I can see this being their Ford GT. Look for it to be in the $300K-$400K range. Could they sell it for 120K and still make a profit.. Probably.. But will the greedy bastards?
I'd be curious on how they brand it, wouldn't surprise me if they gave it a new name, some might have a hard time wrapping their mind around spending a quarter of a million dollars on a corvette.

To me the car has a similar body shape to a Mclaren F1. hard to tell but it looks pretty blocky.

HappySquirrel

W85 Whale Oil Tune
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB PP CO, 97 Pathfinder 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
If they have two separate models - traditional front engine and mid-engine - then the mid-engined car should be named something else, IMO. I don't see how you can have two completely different cars using the same storied name. I mean, I suppose they could make Corvette the sub-brand and give them designations under Corvette, but that would be even stupider than FCA making Ram and SRT separate brands from Dodge.

Sponsored

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
Nah, the C8 will still be front engine but what we see will be something else slotted between $100-150k.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
It might be called the Zora.

Just sayin'. ;)

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
OMG IT'S GONNA BE AWD BECAUSE SNOW IS IN THE PICTURE

HappySquirrel

W85 Whale Oil Tune
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB PP CO, 97 Pathfinder 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
OMG IT'S GONNA BE AWD BECAUSE SNOW IS IN THE PICTURE
AWD ALL OVER EVERYTHING BECAUSE AMERICA FUCK YEAH. Zomg if Chevy does this then Ford needs to retaliate with an 8 wheel drive tri-turbo V12 Mustang.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
AWD ALL OVER EVERYTHING BECAUSE AMERICA FUCK YEAH. Zomg if Chevy does this then Ford needs to retaliate with an 8 wheel drive tri-turbo V12 Mustang.
Already happen bru. Ford purchased the rights to the W16 quad turbo from VW that was used in the Bugatti, totes going in the GT5000. Engine is made from Microlattice so it's only gonna weight like 16lbs.
Sponsored