Sponsored

Corsa Xtreme broke at the adapter

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
I just went to longtubes with a performance connect. So if you need those I can give them to you for shipping cost. Just PM me if you need em.
Wow... This guy. :hail:
Sponsored

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
I was not overly impressed with the fitment with those adapters in the first place but mine are different. Makes me wonder if Corsa knew there was an issue. My adapters were all one piece and not welded.

Last edited:

iffiamj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG GT PREMIUM
I had mine installed yesterday. The adapters would not snug into to the factory clamps no matter how hard i tried, the local shop had to cut and weld them with the factory clamp at the end of the day. Did anyone also experienced this issue?

The exhaust is sounding amazing though, super satisfied.

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
I had mine installed yesterday. The adapters would not snug into to the factory clamps no matter how hard i tried, the local shop had to cut and weld them with the factory clamp at the end of the day. Did anyone also experienced this issue?
Yes that was the exact same issue I had as I tried to explain in post #17. We got it to work on a bench but not without some serious work/massaging. We took out all the hardware and spread those clamps apart as far as possible and still the adapters were difficult to get in. We could not push the adapters fully in even hitting it hard with a rubber mallet. Hitting it with a sledgehammer may have worked but that was not something I wanted to try.

Were your adapters welded together like the two guys that had them break previously in this thread?

Last edited:

Sponsored

iffiamj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG GT PREMIUM
No. My adapters were all in one piece. No factory welding was on them whatsoever. Corsa needs to look into the adapters and adjust them to fit into the factory clamps for future customers.

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

comagt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I had a dented muffler and they replaced it with no question or hassle. Corsa support is great! The adapters fit fine on mine.

GrabberBlue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2011 GT
Out of the small sample size of those responding to this thread you may be in the minority, my adapters were also too large for the couplers, the exhaust shop had to use their pipe spreader to make the couplers fit over the adapters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
I had a dented muffler and they replaced it with no question or hassle. Corsa support is great! The adapters fit fine on mine.
That is great support.

OP
OP
OppoLock

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Shawn got right back to me and I've just got to make the call when I get a break at work. :thumbsup:

Sponsored
OP
OP
OppoLock

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
This was a painless hiccup. I've just got to fill out a form and I'll have replacement parts shipped my way. Great customer service.

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
They're truly a great group of peeps over there. They've been awesome to work with:) Oppolock I'm glad everything was taken care of for ya. I would've commented a little earlier on this but I'm currently in MI for a wedding!

OP
OP
OppoLock

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Sean,

I just had this same thing happen to me on the pass. side with the flex pipe. Send Shawn a message and he will take care of you. He sent me two new replacements in about 2 days that are MUCH more heavy on the welds.

Easiest way to install the new ones is to just unbolt the band clamps on both as well as both hangar brackets and slide the exhaust back and down a little (rest on a trans jack if you have a lift) and you can get right to it. Corsa should take care of you no problem.
Dude how the hell did you remove the adapters... I'm sitting here screaming profanities trying to get this shit out of the midpipe. Thank god I'm not working tomorrow.

OP
OP
OppoLock

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Btw for anyone reading, Corsa was great. Overnight my adapters without question and the new pieces have some insane welding. This is what I'm dealing with right now. Trying to yank this MFer out.
image.jpg

OP
OP
OppoLock

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Not the best picture; it's the one in the background. Half an adapter is wedged in there
Sponsored