Sponsored

Corsa xtreme active exhaust Sounds like actuators are rattling

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Thanks, but if it rattles it ain't worth a damn. I jumped on here to find out how people are enjoying their Corsa and I find out it has issues. This has ruined my weekend. I doubt if American Muscle will refund my money, only store credit. This sucks
i can understand your frustration, apologies if i came over as flippant re rug comment. I hope your purchase doesn't rattle and should it have any issues I'd expect the vendor to make it good especially as the manufacturer has identified and made changes to the product because of identified issues. I have a Varex variable exhaust on my MY17 and it can sometimes rattle when the valves are closed, this is not a big deal for me as it's only in closed mode it rattles and when I'm driving in my neighbourhood and even then i don't hear it above walking pace. Hopefully you encounter no issues with your purchase

Golgo69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herb
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT
i can understand your frustration, apologies if i came over as flippant re rug comment. I hope your purchase doesn't rattle and should it have any issues I'd expect the vendor to make it good especially as the manufacturer has identified and made changes to the product because of identified issues. I have a Varex variable exhaust on my MY17 and it can sometimes rattle when the valves are closed, this is not a big deal for me as it's only in closed mode it rattles and when I'm driving in my neighbourhood and even then i don't hear it above walking pace. Hopefully you encounter no issues with your purchase
Oh not all, did not feel you came across as flippant. I totally forgot to call them. hopefully tomorrow I will. Have not installed yet. I don't see how people can hear a rattle over the roar of the engine. I have kooks long tube headers with hi cats and car is loud. anyhow.....

Golgo69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herb
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT
I called Corsa today, they said a way you can tell if your valve will rattle is to take the exhaust tip and shake it, if it rattles it's a bad one. The process is very easy to replace. I shook mine and it's fine. They will swap them out right away.

Sponsored

wmoore26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WASP
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1
I did the same today. Called them told them the problem and the tech said the old valves had that problem and the new ones have bearings that fixed the problem. Also, let him know that my tips are not square and he said send in pics with the warrenty claim and will probably send new mufflers as well

Golgo69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herb
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT
I did the same today. Called them told them the problem and the tech said the old valves had that problem and the new ones have bearings that fixed the problem. Also, let him know that my tips are not square and he said send in pics with the warrenty claim and will probably send new mufflers as well
what do you mean the tips square?

Golgo69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herb
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT
Now when you say "tips" are you talking about the ends of the exhaust pipes? Mine are round like that also, from what little I can see

Sponsored

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
what do you mean the tips square?
I’m thinking he means that the ends of the exhaust tips are not level or properly centered in the rear valance cut out.

Golgo69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herb
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT
I’m thinking he means that the ends of the exhaust tips are not level or properly centered in the rear valance cut out.
Ahhhh....I'd like to see a picture of that. His picture does not capture anything obviously off. These pipes are beginning to be a headache!

wmoore26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WASP
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1
@Golgo69 Look closer. The outer tips are lower than the inner tips. I think the the muffler hangers are out of spec. When I installed the exhaust, I kept everything loose so that I could get the outer tips up the height you see. And there still not lined up properly.

JGT_TreeFiddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Kind of a bummer that I've stumbled across this thread, reading about these issues. I purchased and installed Corsa on my GT500 about 3 weeks ago and the rattling is just straight up disappointing.

Lethal Performance tried to originally tell me that Corsa valves are subject to "naturally rattling." It's funny, I guess I missed that in the product description. However, I did have to provide a video justification, which resulted in an immediate acknowledgement for a warranty claim.

I'm still waiting on the new ones to show up, but will be sure to update you all to see if this is a problem that is being properly addressed with the new bearings, etc.
Sponsored