Cooling fan switch

peppersam740

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Has anyone put on a Haden or Four Seasons adjustable temp fan switch ?
Sponsored

Jn2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Has anyone put on a Haden or Four Seasons adjustable temp fan switch ?
Our fan has a logic controller IIRC which isn't a simple off/low/hi switch. You can control fan speed and temperature activation in your tune.

You can go in there and set what temp you want the fan to turn on and at what speed

e.g.

195*f = 20% fan speed
205*f = 40% fan speed
210*f = 50% fan speed
230*f = 100% fan speed

You can play with the activation temps and fan speed how ever you want, just remember the fan, under the best of circumstances will only be able to lower your temps down to your thermostats opening temperature.

OP
OP
peppersam740

peppersam740

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Thanks for your input. I don't have a tune on the car, waiting for the warranty to expire. My temps climb when waiting at red lights. I think you can adjust what temp you want the fans to come on with these units. I just don't like seeing the temps going 215 and over.

Jn2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Thanks for your input. I don't have a tune on the car, waiting for the warranty to expire. My temps climb when waiting at red lights. I think you can adjust what temp you want the fans to come on with these units. I just don't like seeing the temps going 215 and over.
Cylinder head temp is usually around 5* higher than coolant temp. I don't recommend the using that sensor as a switch though, you would have to bypass the controller on the fan and send the current straight to the motor from the battery via relay. While possible, It would be cheaper to just tune the car.

OP
OP
peppersam740

peppersam740

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
What tuner would you recommend. I have read good and bad on all of them.

Sponsored

Jn2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
What tuner would you recommend. I have read good and bad on all of them.
Lund>VMP>Palm Beach Dyno, either of those 3 would get you taken care of, but they will all cost about the same.

I don't have a tune from any of them, but those are your major remote tuners, I listed them in order based on reviews from multiple forums...AED and BAMA have some mixed reviews, BAMA bc well, they are BAMA, and AED tried to get some guy fired by calling his job and lying to the guys managers about stuff the guy does outside of work(who calls your job to try and get you fired?)

I would how ever recommend you learn to tune your own car. You will save a lot of cash going forward and it's no different from learning to change your own oil or install your own exhaust..

OP
OP
peppersam740

peppersam740

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I do all my own work on my cars but I've never tuned a ECu unit. Thank you for your help.
Sponsored