Sponsored

Convertible Windscreen alternative, courtesy of Audi!

Hilfloskind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Ecoboost Convertible - Kona Blue
Brian, The center of the holes I drilled are 1.875” back from the end of the seatbelt notch, and 3/4” below the seam. I used a 27/64” bit, which gives a snug fit on the rods. Good luck, hopefully this works for you.
So, I drilled using the measurements you provided, but apparently each car has some slight variation (no surprise) on the panels and seats. With these new holes, it was smashed way too tight against the rear seat backs. Immediately went back to the original holes and plugged the new ones with vinyl plugs.
Sponsored

Boulderbob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost Premium Convertible, Cobb stage 1, Steeda CAI, NXT axle back exhaust, Ford 2.3HP strut tower brace
Mine is touching the rear seats but not too tight, so yes there is some variation!

DroptopMN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carson
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Finally got around to installing mine today. Went with the measurements provided and as you can see by the pics, was wrong for my top :(. Plugs entered and redrill and I’m a happy camper. Used the pet seat belt strap and a nylon loop to secure it in the back. Fits exceptionally well. I’d swear it was the factory model....
FDF6BAF6-B0E7-4465-B16D-DC023B33BFEE.jpeg
351F86BF-1F03-400C-9CBA-D7C6DE57E5E0.jpeg
83682E1B-ACEA-441D-98A0-DAC0C806D586.jpeg
49F0C2B0-A718-4A62-B054-16A52F0EB2D4.jpeg
8D2731B3-916B-4D3E-A45C-AABF356EBDD2.jpeg
3A3647FE-6E30-4DC1-8C89-C2F215245975.jpeg

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
I think the biggest takeaway anyone considering this screen should pay attention to is that, for whatever reason, each of our convertibles are slightly different in the fit of the rear side trim panels
I highly recommend doing as I did. Use lots of blue tape on the sides, prop the screen in place to mock up how you want it, measure and mark for your car, check behind the panels to be sure the holes don't interfere with anything, double check the measurements and that you're happy with the positioning, use a smaller drill bit for a pilot hole and finally drill the finish hole.
I don't mind (too much) drilling holes for a good reason bu it would bug me no end to have extra holes.

Boulderbob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost Premium Convertible, Cobb stage 1, Steeda CAI, NXT axle back exhaust, Ford 2.3HP strut tower brace
ORRadtech I completely agree, this is exactly how I fitted my screen. I wanted the rear fold out legs of the screen to sit on top of the seatbelts where they go into their openings, so that is why my screen is bit higher and the drilled holes a bit further back than some others preferred. I wanted to be able to easily lift up the rear screen panel to be able to put grocery bags, etc in the back under the screen and then close it back down onto the legs. I wrapped the legs with black electrical tape so that they would not chafe the seat belts.

Sponsored

DroptopMN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carson
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Very happy with it, love this website. I would never have known about an Audi windscreen working without this site...

I’ve had 2 LTR screens and a factory Ford screen in previous mustangs. This is by far the best fitting and most portable one of all of them..

thanks!!!

DroptopMN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carson
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I think the biggest takeaway anyone considering this screen should pay attention to is that, for whatever reason, each of our convertibles are slightly different in the fit of the rear side trim panels
I highly recommend doing as I did. Use lots of blue tape on the sides, prop the screen in place to mock up how you want it, measure and mark for your car, check behind the panels to be sure the holes don't interfere with anything, double check the measurements and that you're happy with the positioning, use a smaller drill bit for a pilot hole and finally drill the finish hole.
I don't mind (too much) drilling holes for a good reason bu it would bug me no end to have extra holes.
i did use blue tape and measured 4 times, looked like it was great until I fitted in the holes and it was pushing too hard against the seat.

DroptopMN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carson
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Ran at above posted speeds and windscreen did not move at all.... Strongly recommend this modification....

RadRubyRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Sold my vert and bought a truck in January. I still have the Audi windscreen from my 2017 Mustang GT convertible that I sold. If anyone wants it, make me an offer (including shipping) by ONLY sending me the offer via a PM. Here’s the pics:
FE5AC502-7EF6-403E-A647-C0FB6DF9BE5C.jpeg
3350C4CE-F0E9-4750-9639-3F3BDCABDB81.jpeg
4914B515-0763-485E-A021-F341733C905A.jpeg

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible

Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Gotta love this forum ! :inlove:

JBar28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost 'Vert
Recently got my first Mustang (new to me '17) and first convertible, and although I've been impressed with how little wind gets into the cabin, I thought a wind screen might help even more. Found the LTD unit but just couldn't swallow the price. Plus, apparently it won't fit in the trunk with the Shaker speaker my car has. After some searching (there HAS to be a better way?) I found this thread, and so happy!! Thanks to everyone who has helped out here. This is very helpful.

I'm curious if anyone has experienced replacing the fabric on the Audi unit. I's seen a video that seems to be replacement of a LTD unit. And I know a company called Cabiro Supply sells a replacement kit for $25... Are they all pretty much the same? Rubber gasket that holds the fabric in a groove?

Last edited:

MR YUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Convertible
So I have been thinking of getting a wind screen for my 2020 GT. I'm a tall guy who needs the power seat all the way back and the backrest leaned back over the front of the rear seats.
Will the screen have enough room with the front seat in this position?

WarmFZI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Convertible
I'm 6'2" and I checked the seat room before settling on the drill location. I can't put my seat in the position your describing. You could drill back farther and have the back of the screen sit higher on the seat belts. If you look at my picture, I would have had to go back quite a bit to miss the stuff behind the panel.
Sponsored