Sponsored

Convertible Windscreen alternative, courtesy of Audi!

CocktailDave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 EB Premium Vert
My ex sold her 2017 Audi Convert last year and just found the folding windscreen in the OEM bag in her closet. She asked me if I wanted it and I looked into the installation but I am not ready to drill into my baby!

I told her I would make a post on the forum here to see if there is any interest. I am in North Puget Sound WA. PM with offers if that is allowed?

David
Sponsored

SHF

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT , Volvo XC60, Volvo XC90
My ex sold her 2017 Audi Convert last year and just found the folding windscreen in the OEM bag in her closet. She asked me if I wanted it and I looked into the installation but I am not ready to drill into my baby!

I told her I would make a post on the forum here to see if there is any interest. I am in North Puget Sound WA. PM with offers if that is allowed?

David
Hi David
Do still have it?
Cheers Stefan

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt conv
Hi, all! I just joined the Mustang world yesterday with my purchase of a 2017 Race Red Ford Mustang EcoBoost Convertible. I started the convertible world with a 1994 BMW 325i in 2012 and loved it. When I found the windscreen option, I loved it even more. But I wasn't satisfied with the existing options, and found a post in the BMW forums that an 2001-2009 Audi A4 windscreen fit perfectly and as a bonus, folds in half to fit better in the trunk!

Fast forward to yesterday as I start looking at mustang options for a windscreen and facing disappointment that there isn't a better integrated option, I tried the Audi on a whim. The size was absolutely perfect!

So I said a little prayer, cried a few tears, then proceeded to drill two holes into the plastic trim of my brand new (to me) Mustang. I think the result is absolutely fabulous! I still have to get two 7/16" black trim rings to dress the holes up and make a modification to the rear of the windscreen to secure it in the back, but I absolutely love the look and love the fact that it folds up small enough to fit into the back section of the trunk!

Here are the pictures, and I will update the post once I figure out an elegant way to secure the back of the windscreen.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/KUZJhSM1xKaBe1zr6
very nicely done , looks like a exact fit

bigd5783

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue EcoBoost Vert
Hi, all! I just joined the Mustang world yesterday with my purchase of a 2017 Race Red Ford Mustang EcoBoost Convertible. I started the convertible world with a 1994 BMW 325i in 2012 and loved it. When I found the windscreen option, I loved it even more. But I wasn't satisfied with the existing options, and found a post in the BMW forums that an 2001-2009 Audi A4 windscreen fit perfectly and as a bonus, folds in half to fit better in the trunk!

Fast forward to yesterday as I start looking at mustang options for a windscreen and facing disappointment that there isn't a better integrated option, I tried the Audi on a whim. The size was absolutely perfect!

So I said a little prayer, cried a few tears, then proceeded to drill two holes into the plastic trim of my brand new (to me) Mustang. I think the result is absolutely fabulous! I still have to get two 7/16" black trim rings to dress the holes up and make a modification to the rear of the windscreen to secure it in the back, but I absolutely love the look and love the fact that it folds up small enough to fit into the back section of the trunk!

Here are the pictures, and I will update the post once I figure out an elegant way to secure the back of the windscreen.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/KUZJhSM1xKaBe1zr6
I just ordered one of these Audi ones for my ride. By any chance do you have a template or the measurements for where to drill the holes? I'm hoping to have mine by Friday so I can enjoy the weekend.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
I know the thread is 9 pages long but,if you read it all, you will get the answer to your question a few times over. Myself and others have already posted the measurements we used as well as pictures.
Happy reading.

bigd5783

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue EcoBoost Vert
I know the thread is 9 pages long but,if you read it all, you will get the answer to your question a few times over. Myself and others have already posted the measurements we used as well as pictures.
Happy reading.
It's been a slow day at work. I just finished reading everyone's responses and different mounting positions. I guess I will have to wing it on Friday. That just makes the project more fun.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I concur with @ORRadtech. I read the whole thread and wrote downs everyone’s measurements. Then when I did mine I ended up measuring and fitting it to my own specs. A little different than others - not by much - but fit perfectly for my car.
Having had it on now for around 6-700 miles I can tell you it works fantastic! Looks great as well; just like it would have come from the factory.

I do have a question though, has anyone figured out how to lift the back while sitting in the car?

Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
I concur with @ORRadtech. I read the whole thread and wrote downs everyone’s measurements. Then when I did mine I ended up measuring and fitting it to my own specs. A little different than others - not by much - but fit perfectly for my car.
Having had it on now for around 6-700 miles I can tell you it works fantastic! Looks great as well; just like it would have come from the factory.

I do have a question though, has anyone figured out how to lift the back while sitting in the car?
I think the measurements are slightly different because everyone has a slightly different preference for how it sits behind the front seats, how high it sits and how it rides on the seatbelts.

If you're asking how I lift the screen behind the front seats I just reach back with my right hand, grab the back edge and lift. It's a bit awkward and a long reach but only takes a couple of seconds.

CedarTree72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roy
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB, A10, Droptop
Hello... would this work with a 2018 EB using a 2006 Audi A4 windscreen? I think so?

if you drill the holes, how do you take the windscreen on and off? And Is that the only place it's being held down? Want to make sure it's secure at highway speeds of course.

Thanks!

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Interesting... I parked beside a mustang with the “love the drive” model. I have to say, this Audi one looks so much better and really looked like it was made EXACTLY for this car. Not a knock the love the drive because I’m sure they function just as well, just a side by side comparison of the visuals...

Richfl01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt convertible
I bought a used Audi A4 windscreen from a local on Facebook for $75. Came with bag and like new condition. Same day I got my car from the dealer last week I lined up the windscreen, took multiple measurements, triple checked everything including level and drilled two 1/2" holes, one on each side. The audi windscreen has long pins that are very secure into the holes. For the back, I measured and cut 2 pieces of 5/8" heater hose slipped one piece onto each of the rear "tangs" , deep enough so it goes into the seat back. This thing is rock solid...great audi quality. Took me all of 15 min from beginning to end to finish the job.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Aggie, 3 years down the road and your post is still hooking people up. I installed mine tonight. It's great. $160 on FeeBay for a mint one locally. 60 minute install. 2 tiny discreet holes that no one outside this forum will ever notice...

I drilled mine inside the little push pin cups on either side which gave maximum clearance. I'll leash it down with the seatbelts strap idea posted in the forum.

Thanks for sharing this idea. 👍👌🤙

Screenshot_20210728-021855_Gallery.jpg
Sponsored