convertible mustang

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
I bought my mustang yesterday. It is nice.
It needs another fob and an owners manual.
Help on either of these Please
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I believe when you're missing a key, the only choice is having the dealership take care of it. I think it's like $300 or something.

Manual? WTF is that?

Dai Uy Ted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2020 Maserati Levante S Ribelle
Manual missing? Open the glove compartment. Pull down the little yellow tab at the top of the compartment. There's another compartment hidden there for the manual; it may be there. I had the same problem a few months ago when I bought an almost new GT from a non-Ford dealer. You need the manual to find the manual. There are other such tips in several threads here.

Missing fob? Mine came with an extra "Ford", not "Mustang" fob which didn't work. Since I also had the proper fob, the local Ford dealer re-programmed the wrong one under warranty. But I had to pay $50 for a properly cut emergency key.

Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
The dealer I bought mine from has a local mobile locksmith come by and do their fobs. Took about 30 minutes start to finish and it was a genuine Mustang fob. The locksmith cut the key as well using the VIN. He cut me 2 extras for $10.
If you already have 2 programed fobs you can program I think up to 2 more yourself.

OP
OP
dirtwarrior

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
Thanks guys

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost performance package coupe
I believe when you're missing a key, the only choice is having the dealership take care of it. I think it's like $300 or something.

Manual? WTF is that?
I just had to get a new fob when one quit working - new batteries and it wouldn't respond at all. I was going to buy a used fob off ebay but when the dealer said "$198 for a new fob, programmed' I went with a new one. The used on ebay were all going for $150, and then I would have to get it programmed since I only had one working fob.

OP
OP
dirtwarrior

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
I want to ask a question and forgive me if it has been asked before. I want to get a little sound out of it. If I deleted just the rear mufflers how much sound would be in the cab?

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Deleting mufflers is almost always a bad idea, the car just sounds broken, and it's unnecessarily loud - I'd shop around for some aftermarket options, either a full catback, or even just an axle back.

FWIW, since I see you have a V6 model, apparently the GT exhaust bolts right up and sounds pretty good, and those can usually be found super cheap, if not free (I had mine up "for free" years ago from my '16, not I have a '19 and sticking with mostly the OEM system since it's the Active option).

Sponsored
OP
OP
dirtwarrior

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
OK if I replace the mufflers only (not a kit) which mufflers would give me a bit of sound

OP
OP
dirtwarrior

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
Here is what I have planned
Molded floor mats (ordered)
Tinted windows
Exhaust mod

Dai Uy Ted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2020 Maserati Levante S Ribelle
...and the owner's manual?

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
i find it funny when people make a fuzz about not having the owners manual... like we don't have smart phones that you can google anything while pooping lol

i like how tesla can display the manual right on your screen, no need for a book
Sponsored