Convertible audio settings

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost performance package coupe
In my 2006 and 2013 convertibles the audio settings included one for "convertible" as well as "driver" and "all seats". In my 2017 I only have "all seats" and "driver" - is there supposed to be a convertible specific setting for the sound? I don't find anything in my owners manual about it either
Sponsored

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I believe it automatically selects "convertible" when you unlock the roof. Does your radio mute for a second when you unlock? Mine does and then adjusts the sound to be even shittier.

OP
OP
JimC

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
No it has never muted when I put the top down.

Mhanna5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
Mine also mutes for a second when unlocking the roof. However, I don't see a convertible setting in audio.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JimC

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, the mute must be very brief because I've never noticed it. Even after hearing someone else mention it and watching for it.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Mine does it immediately after I turn the unlatch/latch handle before touching the up/down button.
I honestly don't hear a difference in sound quality but I don't hear as well as I used to, too much loud music earlier I guess.

OP
OP
JimC

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Mine does it immediately after I turn the unlatch/latch handle before touching the up/down button.
I honestly don't hear a difference in sound quality but I don't hear as well as I used to, too much loud music earlier I guess.
I wonder if that may be part of what happens for me (not the hearing although I have been wearing hearing aids the last 12 years and am just over legal deaf without them). I hit the up/down button so that the windows all drop and then unlatch the top. I'll have to try it later with just unlatching first and see what happens.

Now if I could just figure out why the driver side visor, and homelink, went dead. The map lights work, the passenger side vanity mirror in the visor lights up. Just the drive side is dead. I found an old thread that said it was fuse #1. Maybe something was changed for 2017 because that isn't it. If I pull that fuse the passenger visor no longer lights up, put it back in and it lights up, so not a blown fuse.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
If you unlatch the roof and push the top down button the windows will all automatically lower before the top starts moving.
As long as I'm off topic, you should look into the Smarttop module. It gives a few nice features that the car should have come with. Things like last drive mode memory, drop the top at setable speeds up to 30mph and 1 touch or auto top down.

Siege

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible PP1, 2003 Marauder Trilogy S/C #250, 1992 Mustang 5.0 Notch
I was able to disable the unlatch/shitty audio engage through Forscan.

It still mutes for a second but the audio stays the same as with the top up.

783-01-01: 2000 AC to 0000 AC

Sponsored
OP
OP
JimC

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
I tried it again last night. It now does the brief mute when I unlatch.

Now if I could just figure out the driver side visor and homelink that went dead on me. Passenger side lights up and map lights are working fine. Just the driver side is dead.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Now if I could just figure out the driver side visor and homelink that went dead on me. Passenger side lights up and map lights are working fine. Just the driver side is dead.
My guess would be that the two visors are on the same circuit but I don't have a FSM to check.
Going on that assumption though I'd further guess that the connector has separated or there's a wiring problem in the header.
You could take the visor out and check. But I'd not suggest that. I hate how Ford does their visor mounting. It's all plastic and very difficult to get to stay back in once removed. For that reason, if you're still under warranty, I'd highly recommend letting Ford find and fix the visor.

OP
OP
JimC

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
My guess would be that the two visors are on the same circuit but I don't have a FSM to check.
Going on that assumption though I'd further guess that the connector has separated or there's a wiring problem in the header.
You could take the visor out and check. But I'd not suggest that. I hate how Ford does their visor mounting. It's all plastic and very difficult to get to stay back in once removed. For that reason, if you're still under warranty, I'd highly recommend letting Ford find and fix the visor.
Thanks, unfortunately the car is not under warranty now for electrical items.

S550VertCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2013 V6 Mustang Convertible, 2020 GT Convertible CS
I believe it automatically selects "convertible" when you unlock the roof. Does your radio mute for a second when you unlock? Mine does and then adjusts the sound to be even shittier.
That made me laugh.
Sponsored