Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
Their awesome tires, I've done a few good setups with these for 350 members.

However its a 305/30/19 you need a 305/35/19 for the rear brotha.

OP
OP
CarloStraus

CarloStraus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech
Their awesome tires, I've done a few good setups with these for 350 members.

However its a 305/30/19 you need a 305/35/19 for the rear brotha.
That's what I thought, but in another post about Hankook tires some members were saying it was okay to have 30 size aspect ratio. The thickness of the sidewall being 30 wasn't too big of a deal.

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
That's what I thought, but in another post about Hankook tires some members were saying it was okay to have 30 size aspect ratio. The thickness of the sidewall being 30 wasn't too big of a deal.
The OD will be off brotha I wouldnt do it

If your going to then you switch the whole setup 305/30 upfront 325/30 on the rear

If your keeping the 295/35 upfront grab some 305/35 tires for the rear.

OP
OP
CarloStraus

CarloStraus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech
The OD will be off brotha I wouldnt do it

If your going to then you switch the whole setup 305/30 upfront 325/30 on the rear

If your keeping the 295/35 upfront grab some 305/35 tires for the rear.
Stock wheels/rims will take 305 up front and 325 in the rear?

This is pretty ghetto but I was thinking for a time until i need new front tires to just keep the original 285/35 on the front and put on the 305/30 in the back. When I need new fronts switch everything to 30's.

On that same thread people were saying if I did move to 30 i would have to do something with the odometer.

I know it's kind of ghetto and not ideal but the choices for 305/35 are just so limited and all pretty expensive. Maybe I should just bit the bullet and move to 30's all the way around...

Sponsored

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
Stock wheels/rims will take 305 up front and 325 in the rear?

This is pretty ghetto but I was thinking for a time until i need new front tires to just keep the original 285/35 on the front and put on the 305/30 in the back. When I need new fronts switch everything to 30's.

On that same thread people were saying if I did move to 30 i would have to do something with the odometer.

I know it's kind of ghetto and not ideal but the choices for 305/35 are just so limited and all pretty expensive. Maybe I should just bit the bullet and move to 30's all the way around...
You can, I mean I got a buddy rocking 345's on the factory rears no issues. I myself use a 305/325 application.

I have a buddy that has a slightly used set of 305/35 MPSS tires I took off from his car when we upgraded them if you want I can see how much he will let them go for and your in SD and we are in LA so its not that far to pickup if you want.

OP
OP
CarloStraus

CarloStraus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech
You can, I mean I got a buddy rocking 345's on the factory rears no issues. I myself use a 305/325 application.

I have a buddy that has a slightly used set of 305/35 MPSS tires I took off from his car when we upgraded them if you want I can see how much he will let them go for and your in SD and we are in LA so its not that far to pickup if you want.
If you could hook it up that would be much appreciated. Yeah we aren't too far away. I'd love to check your guys cars too :) Let me know.

Thanks for the help.

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
If you could hook it up that would be much appreciated. Yeah we aren't too far away. I'd love to check your guys cars too :) Let me know.

Thanks for the help.
Np let me hit up my buddy see if hell part ways with the rubber

jakermc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Anyone have any experience with this tire? A good price on Tirerack.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...R9ECDWXL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

I'm in need of a set of new rear tiers on stock rims. Not for the track but for street driving.

Thanks!
I've got extensive experience on them having tested them at Continental's facility in Uvalde, TX. Amazing performance in the wet. Dry performance not quite as good as Michelin and Bridgestone. One thing worth noting is that they provide less feedback than some other tires out there, making it a bit more challenging to get 10/10ths out of them. Of course on the street this does not matter, so overall I'd say it's a very good option for our cars.

carguy231

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...R9ECDWXL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

I'm in need of a set of new rear tiers on stock rims. Not for the track but for street driving.
I love these tires on the street. Have had them for three changes on my 05 GT. Good size selection- which was the reason I switched from Michelins [which were a lot more $$] when they dropped the sizes I needed. I switched to 18s to get wider and keep the stock height in the rear. Lots more grab on the pavement. Much better than Pirelli in my opinion.

Mike

Sponsored

FocusRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby

Thanks!
That deal was way too good to pass up. I picked up a set of four 305/30/19's to mount on my gloss black R-Specs... in my garage just anxiously looking forward to putting them on and a professional detail.

One big reason I'm dumping the factory Michelins is the horrible tramlining! Another board member gave these tires high marks for no tramlining (325 rears!). I'm strictly street so ride quality is important as well which these tures are highly rated.

God we have awesome cars!

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Just got mine in the mail today. Looking to mount the stock MPSS on my R-Spec replicas and the Contis in my stock rims. Where is everyone going to be this done? I assume I need another set of tire pressure modules, correct?

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
Just got mine in the mail today. Looking to mount the stock MPSS on my R-Spec replicas and the Contis in my stock rims. Where is everyone going to be this done? I assume I need another set of tire pressure modules, correct?
You do need another set of sensors correct.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
That's what I thought. Should I go through a Ford dealer for this? Or do normal shops carry them?
i ordered a set from rock auto, 20$ a piece.... don't forget to use the 5% discount code.
Sponsored