Consumers Reports continues to be inaccurate garbage

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I was on the Consumers Reports site this morning.

They rate the 2018 Mustang 5.0 and Ecoboost.

The numbers are from a previous year knocking the sound of the old ecoboost, the Pirellis of the Perfromance Pack which are not on the 2018.

The 1/4 mile times are from the previous model, yet they give an opinion on the car as though these are from the 2018.

Complete Garbage.

Unless, of course, you are buying a Subaru.

Save your 29.95. I am requesting a refund just to irritate them.
Sponsored

OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
For any of you reading this. CS just refunded my complete subscription after I explained the crappy, inaccurate review.

How many other reviews I know little about are as inaccurate?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's a car and it's a mustang
Wait...what's wrong with the pirelli's?

Are they okay for everyday driving? I have the new set that came with my car and I don't want to risk anything.

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
Consumer Reports...

CS has always been prejudiced against some vehicles. "A Mustang GT has too loud an exhaust and too rough a ride. A Jeep Rubicon will tip over going around a tight curve at 70 mph. An LG refrigerator costing twice as much is 20% better than a Whirlpool".
Think of Consumer Reports as your mother-in-law who started to hate you as soon as she found out what your name was. Nothing will ever satisfy her.

Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Reviews are based off impressions and opinions of the person doing them. Do you remove yourself from everything that has a different opinion or view than you? lol.
man-crying1.jpg

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I have never subscribed based on just the reviews I have read on many products from their non-subscriber abbreviated reviews.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Reviews are based off impressions and opinions of the person doing them. Do you remove yourself from everything that has a different opinion or view than you? lol.
That’s not the issue, at all - they were apparently rehashing their 2015-2017 MY review and claiming it’s the 18.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Nothing really new for CR. Just keep that in mind when you are reading their reports on a washing machine. It's just as likely that they are making similar errors/shortcuts, you just don't realize it.

Zero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
There's opinion and then there's objective analysis. Every 'thing' has a performance envelope. If you're job is to professionally assess the performance of something, especially with the knowledge that what you say will have a direct impact on other peoples hard earned cash, then the goal should be to discover what that 'things' performance envelope is and to relay that information in a fair, easy to understand way.

As for Consumer Reports: While their testing methodologies for various 'things' have improved over the years, there are still plenty of times when I don't fully understand how the f*** they arrive to their conclusions.

Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
As a tech person it's been known that CR has been trash for years. This year they refused to even review the Surface Book 2, because the Surface Book 1 and Pro, completely different machines, had problems.

That is like if they reviewed the Mustang and Focus and said based on issues we had with them there was no reason to review the 18 month newer heavily refreshed Mustang, because it's impossible to correct flaws.

I don't know anyone under 60 that actually reads CR.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Consumer Reports once published nearly word-for-word (just some tense changes) a report I made to the government regarding my Ford Fiesta. Literally just copied it...

...for me that proved that magazine is not to be trusted.

cdq85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Boostey Pants
Wait...what's wrong with the pirelli's?

Are they okay for everyday driving? I have the new set that came with my car and I don't want to risk anything.
The pirelli's are fine if you live in an area where it's never under 80 degrees, never take you car past 2700 RPM's and don't care if they only last 4000 miles. If you meet all of those criteria, they are the tire for you!

Slight sarcasm but not really....

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I usually just hunt down and kill all thats different!
Sponsored