Sponsored

Considering trading 16 Tech pack for a 20 R

sweetchuck2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, DIB, Tech package.
A dealer I've been talking with is willing to give me $39000 for my 16 Tech pack. That is a little over $1300 more than the higher KBB estimate. It has just under 17800 miles. I tried to get them to $40k, but couldn't.

The R is a few hundred under MSRP, I think the GM drove it to lunch once, but thats not really a deal breaker.

I did notice a lot of swirls on the Wing, probably from them washing it. But they should buff out.

Just a few questions for anyone who has made the switch or originally bought the R...

What tires would be good for street driving? I wouldn't feel comfortable driving it on the street very much with the Sport Cup 2s and carbon fiber wheels. Plus with winter coming it would spend most days in an unheated garage

How do the recaros hold up over time?

The splitter will almost definitely scrape my driveway, but if I back it in, it might be ok. What are you guys doing to protect it?

Would 20 inch wheels help negate some of the scraping?

Did they ever say what changes led to the higher MSRP for 2020?
Was it Ford's way of including the ADM into the price of the car?

Thanks!
Sponsored

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
The 20R has the same front suspension and knuckle as the 500. I think that’s why plus other smaller updates.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
The block is shared with the 500. The cylinder heads, head bolts, head gaskets, and I THINK the crank sprocket and oil pump gears are all shared from the 500 as well. The Voodoo engine was already pretty durable as it was. Now it's just a hulk. The steering rack has been changed. The MagneRide and ABS have been retuned. Totally worth it.

For street driving, Conti ExtremeContact Sports all day. Great street tire.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
What tires would be good for street driving? I wouldn't feel comfortable driving it on the street very much with the Sport Cup 2s and carbon fiber wheels. Plus with winter coming it would spend most days in an unheated garage

I'd just get another set of wheels/tires. lots of good black friday deals going on with vendors right now (eg, signature wheels, need4speed, vibe, LMR SVE R350's, etc). you've got some good options for tires 305 and 325 width, though 315's are slim pickings (OEM R rear size). but there are a number of good "R-spec" wheels out there from vendors.

How do the recaros hold up over time?

just fine, love mine

The splitter will almost definitely scrape my driveway, but if I back it in, it might be ok. What are you guys doing to protect it?

you can use slip-lo protectors or ZL1 add-ons has a washer kit that screws in to protect. but you're going to scrape the splitter, just accept it. you learn to deal with it and make the most of your circumstances.

Would 20 inch wheels help negate some of the scraping?

not sure, no experience here with 20's.
see above

Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
The block is shared with the 500. The cylinder heads, head bolts, head gaskets, and I THINK the crank sprocket and oil pump gears are all shared from the 500 as well. The Voodoo engine was already pretty durable as it was. Now it's just a hulk. The steering rack has been changed. The MagneRide and ABS have been retuned. Totally worth it.

For street driving, Conti ExtremeContact Sports all day. Great street tire.
Not to be that guy buy he's paying I assume 30k over his trade to get a R. I find it unlikely the R is 30k better than the non R. What is your totally worth it based on?

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
OP do you track the car? If not I’m not sure it’s worth the cost for just the street and your current car may be the better street car.

proeagles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT 350, 2019 BMW X3, 2019 Honda Civic
Pretty much what every one else said. 20" tires properly sized will still have the same approximate diameter at the 19" tires so there will be no difference in ride height. You are going from a 35 to a 30 series tire which accounts for the difference in diameter.

Deleted member 37397

Can you share your reasons for wanting to make the switch? Just genuinely curious. Not sure it’s mentally something I can wrap my head around to pay for nearly the same car twice. I myself would love to own an older GT500 and keep my 16 (it’s paid off) for the difference you’d still owe after trade in

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Not to be that guy buy he's paying I assume 30k over his trade to get a R. I find it unlikely the R is 30k better than the non R. What is your totally worth it based on?
If tracking it, there's really absolutely nothing that needs to be done. Except for more powrz if you're a psycho like me.
Sponsored