Considering trading 17' 350 for 18' R

RR350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
H2043 / HR650
Hey guys, So with Ford confirming the 2018 GT350/GT350Rs, I am going to try and find a 2018 R to replace my 2017 Electronics pkg, but I am having trouble putting a price on my current 350.

It has 11,3xx Miles as of this morning. I have been on auto trader trying to get a basis, but I haven't seen another 17' 350 with this many miles. From what I am seeing on the internets, Tech Pkg cars are listing between 50-55k used. Slightly used 17s(5k Miles and under) are listed between 60-65k, but none have close to the miles I have. What do you guys think? Dealer offered 52, and while that doesn't sound terrible I feel it is worth a little bit more in my personal opinion.
Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Hey guys, So with Ford confirming the 2018 GT350/GT350Rs, I am going to try and find a 2018 R to replace my 2017 Electronics pkg, but I am having trouble putting a price on my current 350.

It has 11,3xx Miles as of this morning. I have been on auto trader trying to get a basis, but I haven't seen another 17' 350 with this many miles. From what I am seeing on the internets, Tech Pkg cars are listing between 50-55k used. Slightly used 17s(5k Miles and under) are listed between 60-65k, but none have close to the miles I have. What do you guys think? Dealer offered 52, and while that doesn't sound terrible I feel it is worth a little bit more in my personal opinion.
If you save the tax on your trade 52K isnt terrible.. I have no experience selling a 50K car used I always thought absent a dealer to finance your buyer pool is small.

Additionally a 2018R might be a long time away from actually being made.

Why not just do the R mods you want?

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
Yes you could probably sell it for a little bit more however in Oklahoma won't you lose the sales tax by selling it privately instead of trading it in? That plus the no hassle of trading it in usually makes it the better option.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

It's value at those miles is debatable but a dealer is in it to make money and will almost certainly offer you less than it's worth on the private market. As others pointed out, the tax savings by trading it actually makes up the gap - I think $52k isn't bad, considering.

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Just figure out the tax savings, add that to the dealer trade, and then decide if you can sell it for more. I agree about the pool for a used $50k car though. Hell, I had a hard time trying to find a buyer for my C6Z and it was $10k cheaper, I just ended up trading it in.

OP
OP

RR350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
H2043 / HR650
honestly with 11k miles I would take that 52k and run with it...

^I agree.

Especially if you can get the R at sticker.
Really?! I figured it was worth at least 55! But, it is what it is. I'm not even sure if I can get an allocation for an R, but this coming year i'm going to try and get one to the best of my abilities, If not ill gladly keep my 17. Only want an 18 if i can get an R!

If you save the tax on your trade 52K isnt terrible.. I have no experience selling a 50K car used I always thought absent a dealer to finance your buyer pool is small.

Additionally a 2018R might be a long time away from actually being made.

Why not just do the R mods you want?
I've thought about it, and if I cant get an allocation then I will keep it and Mod it. I just thought now would be a good time to unload the 17 before I get too many more miles on it and while its still worth at least 50.

It's value at those miles is debatable but a dealer is in it to make money and will almost certainly offer you less than it's worth on the private market. As others pointed out, the tax savings by trading it actually makes up the gap - I think $52k isn't bad, considering.[/QUOTE=]

and it might be worth trading it in, Just to avoid the headache of selling it private party. The search for an R begins i suppose :headbonk:

Thank you guys for the input. :thumbsup:

Mr. Adair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT3
Really?! I figured it was worth at least 55! But, it is what it is. I'm not even sure if I can get an allocation for an R, but this coming year i'm going to try and get one to the best of my abilities, If not ill gladly keep my 17. Only want an 18 if i can get an R!

I've thought about it, and if I cant get an allocation then I will keep it and Mod it. I just thought now would be a good time to unload the 17 before I get too many more miles on it and while its still worth at least 50.

It's value at those miles is debatable but a dealer is in it to make money and will almost certainly offer you less than it's worth on the private market. As others pointed out, the tax savings by trading it actually makes up the gap - I think $52k isn't bad, considering.[/QUOTE=]

and it might be worth trading it in, Just to avoid the headache of selling it private party. The search for an R begins i suppose :headbonk:

Thank you guys for the input. :thumbsup:
If the decision is not completely based on money and your heart is in the R you will never regret buying the R. A modded 350 may be close to an R in performance but it certainly is not in desirability. At MSRP it's a no brainer. And in my opinion up to 10K over is worth it if you have the money. Just one man's opinion….

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
so if you sell private party, you pay full sales tax on the next? in AR we have 30 days to replace it and we are taxed on the difference.

52 sounds awfully low to me as i just looked for a couple months at used 16s and the cheapest i found was 54,500 on autotrader. seems i saw a couple private party here go for less, but never got confirmation. i ended up with a new one because it just wasn't that much more, and no one touched it yet.

however, there were probably 20-30 out of 300ish advertised for MSRP...so 60k and they have a new one...tough call man.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I'm the type that would pay $60k to get one new vs $55k for a slightly used one...but there are plenty of people who would rather save $1000.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
If someone wants my 2017 GT350 with 13xx miles and I could get an 2018 R at MSRP, I would sell my 17 in a minute.
Sponsored