Considering H-Pipe + Active Exhaust

OP
OP

Kylemacca01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
So i got the switchfire pipe installed on thursday...

Fitting proved a bit more tricky than expected, we took the whole system off as i was being ultra cautious not to damage the active exhaust harnesses. I reinforced the vulnerable drivers side one with heat reflective fibre reinforced tape so touch wood no issues. Also made sure the clearance to the body seam reminded the same as stock, which i think we achieved.

Anyway, how does it sound? Well when i first fired it up in the shop (warm start) i was surprised how quiet it was, couldnt notice an increase over stock. Not done a cold start yet so cant compare.

Under load it sounds amazing, exactly what i was after. Low down the rev range its deep, maybe deeper than stock and just amplified. It is noticeably louder but not antisocial. At wot as the revs build it gets more racey, wouldnt call it raspy though. You can really notice the volume increase when you drive through a more built up area where the sound can bounce off the buildings, guessing its pretty loud outside.

There is no drone at all. I tried the usual suspect rev ranges between 1500 and 2500, accelerating in a high gear and there is nothing to report, must be witchcraft.

Since owning the car i have never had it in anything but track exhaust, but i thought i would just see how quiet mode worked in case i needed to sneak in at 4am one day or something.... Anyway it is genuinely unbelievably quiet, like silent from inside the cabin. I don't quite know how they have managed to engineer that but the difference between quiet and track is incredible.

So there we are, end of review. I am super happy with the mod, I won't be doing anything further with the exhaust. I can't compare to an H or X pipe but the switch fire has given me exactly what i was after.

pr8196

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Proj
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 5.0 Need for Green - Custom Pack 2 with Magneride adaptive suspension, rear spoiler
So i got the switchfire pipe installed on thursday...

Fitting proved a bit more tricky than expected, we took the whole system off as i was being ultra cautious not to damage the active exhaust harnesses. I reinforced the vulnerable drivers side one with heat reflective fibre reinforced tape so touch wood no issues. Also made sure the clearance to the body seam reminded the same as stock, which i think we achieved.

Anyway, how does it sound? Well when i first fired it up in the shop (warm start) i was surprised how quiet it was, couldnt notice an increase over stock. Not done a cold start yet so cant compare.

Under load it sounds amazing, exactly what i was after. Low down the rev range its deep, maybe deeper than stock and just amplified. It is noticeably louder but not antisocial. At wot as the revs build it gets more racey, wouldnt call it raspy though. You can really notice the volume increase when you drive through a more built up area where the sound can bounce off the buildings, guessing its pretty loud outside.

There is no drone at all. I tried the usual suspect rev ranges between 1500 and 2500, accelerating in a high gear and there is nothing to report, must be witchcraft.

Since owning the car i have never had it in anything but track exhaust, but i thought i would just see how quiet mode worked in case i needed to sneak in at 4am one day or something.... Anyway it is genuinely unbelievably quiet, like silent from inside the cabin. I don't quite know how they have managed to engineer that but the difference between quiet and track is incredible.

So there we are, end of review. I am super happy with the mod, I won't be doing anything further with the exhaust. I can't compare to an H or X pipe but the switch fire has given me exactly what i was after.
Good stuff mate. Sounds like Beethoven, isn’t it? That’s how I felt, doesn’t sound like an x or h pipe, but bit different. Enough to make heads turn, without offending neighbours (I feel very bad for the kids who keep staring at mustang but they get really scared when you floor the gas pedal).
I think, it’s far by the best resonator designed.
Sponsored