Sponsored

Considering a Used 2017

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Paid $55,200 for a brand new '17 with 6 miles on it last November (not counting tax and tags).

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
if you really liked it I'd talk em down to 52-53. if it has that many miles on it then at least you know it works...i know it shouldn't, but cars sold with only a couple thousand on em scare me. feel like someone is unloading their issues and its hidden by that false positive of getting a low mileage car...YMMV:cheers:

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
Remember no Track Attack with a used GT350. That has got to be worth something.

GBGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT350 W/lightning blue stripes
If you find the right deal, go for it. These cars are solid. There are a few who have had some major drivetrain issues but I can remember when the Coyote first arrived on the scene in 2011 (I bought one right away) and some of those folks had issues too. It;s going to happen to any high performance car. The more high strung an engine is the more likely to fail. Look at this way. Think about 20 years ago. If you had a 400HP naturally aspirated car back then that was a big deal and think about how many engines used to grenade back then. Today we have a 526HP N/A car and they are reliable as all get out. The percentage of cars with catastrophic failure are very small. You should be confident in purchasing one of these used. If you find the right deal, then go for it!

Sponsored

Schredder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 shelby gt 350
My advice is , you don't know how this car has been treated. It could have been beaten on the track constantly and the owners is going to tell you it has been babied. This kind of car is best bought new. Then you know how it's been treated, Just go on utube and watch how gt350's and gt500's are treated. It may look great , but you can't see inside the motor. Just my opinion

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
My advice is , you don't know how this car has been treated. It could have been beaten on the track constantly and the owners is going to tell you it has been babied. This kind of car is best bought new. Then you know how it's been treated, Just go on utube and watch how gt350's and gt500's are treated. It may look great , but you can't see inside the motor. Just my opinion
To a certain point though, I'd rather have a car see a few track days and have been METICULOUSLY cared for with fresh brake pads, fluids, mechanical tech checks etc etc than Joe Schmoe who hoons it up on the streets and is total NFG's.

GBGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT350 W/lightning blue stripes
I've consumed 1.5 quarts in 8500 miles. My old Coyote did that if not worse.

You guys need to stop treating your cars like they're made of glass. 200 miles. Floored it. Again and again and again and again and again and again.............

Anyway, back on topic. No. Shenanigans. Too much for that many miles. Try to drag them down to like 50 or so.
Ditto. You need to drive these cars not baby them. The rings will never seat properly if you drive it too easily. My car didn't use any oil the first 2,000 miles. When I changed it at 2K it was still full. My 2011 Coyote used a quart every 2,000 miles, my 2014 never burned a drop and had a TVS SC on top, and so far my 5.2 VooDoo isn't using any either.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I am tracking mine and I rev it any chance I get... Have not had to top of oil Ever, now at 6500 miles... Bought it second hand at 2800 miles for 56k. Ok that was last year when they were a bit more expensive and we didn't know about the limp mode drama
Sponsored