Sponsored

COMPETITION ORANGE GT350/R Thread

JRoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford, MKIV, RR
I have searched for awhile on this site and via google to no avail but does anyone know the reasoning why no R models were made in Competition Orange?

Curiosity is getting the best of me.
Sponsored

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
I have searched for awhile on this site and via google to no avail but does anyone know the reasoning why no R models were made in Competition Orange?

That was Fords decision to not build CO R's, go figure ??

ShadowBlackR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R - GR222

Here's my 2 cents. Ford had decided that the R Models would have red accents including the red pin stripe accent if OTT stripes were ordered. Red and orange are not normally a good color combo hence no Comp Orange R's. I think it's the same reason you can not get OTT stripes on a Race Red R Model is because the red accent pin stripe would not show. Just my opinion.

JRoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford, MKIV, RR
Here's my 2 cents. Ford had decided that the R Models would have red accents including the red pin stripe accent if OTT stripes were ordered. Red and orange are not normally a good color combo hence no Comp Orange R's. I think it's the same reason you can not get OTT stripes on a Race Red R Model is because the red accent pin stripe would not show. Just my opinion.
While your thinking makes sense, i think they could have offered it up w/o the stripes as an option.

Sponsored

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
While your thinking makes sense, i think they could have offered it up w/o the stripes as an option.
Exactly, the clash with the red calipers and badges would have been no worse than it is with Ruby.

shiraz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shiraz
Vehicle(s)
'16 ORANGE GT350 Track Pack and a '11 Subaru STI
Vehicle Showcase
oh snap, a thread for orange gt350's! ��

here's mine and it's a 2016 track pack, w/stripes and black roof... haven't done anything to it, don't really plan to, but just passed 1200 miles finally!

JRoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford, MKIV, RR
Nice ride! based on your pics, it looks like the hood dips below your front bumper there, near the strips. have you adjusted that? Sorry, my OCD kicking in. :D

shiraz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shiraz
Vehicle(s)
'16 ORANGE GT350 Track Pack and a '11 Subaru STI
Vehicle Showcase
Nice ride! based on your pics, it looks like the hood dips below your front bumper there, near the strips. have you adjusted that? Sorry, my OCD kicking in. :D
Actually you know what, it actually does lol. Is this a common issue? I thought it was supposed to be this way lol. What's the best way to adjust?

Sponsored

mephim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track (gone), 2019 GT350 (gone)
Actually you know what, it actually does lol. Is this a common issue? I thought it was supposed to be this way lol. What's the best way to adjust?
Mine does that too..

ssyellow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' Competition Orange GT - PP/Recaros
There are rubber bumpers you can adjust up/down.

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP

I agree. A CO 350R would be the bees knees. Only having black roof as a exterior option.

Initially to Triple Yellow wasn't going to be an option for the 350R. Im not a yellow guy but this body style does TY very well

GT350Old&New

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350's '67 and '16
"Creamsickle Edition" - a sweet (or "cool") ride

ALL GT350's are "sweet" rides... ;)

Some *HUMOR* - Competition Orange with White OTT's Gt350's carry the sweet/cool forward one more step --- the "Creamsickle Edition" :thumbsup:

Looking at the 2016 FORD production numbers, there were only ~198 Competition Orange (CY) GT350's in USA, ONLY ~28 of those with White OTT stripes - that's barely two per state (Orange haters are saying "Thank GOD!" ;)) and only ~69 Orange ones with Track Pack option (thereby forgoing the Tech Package - the 5.2L Voodoo engine is THE primary music).

Dropping the CY color code after 2016 only increased the rarity of Comp Orange. Triple Yellow (H3) was initially rare but it continued into 2017 and 2018.

Of note - the similarity of the 2016 CY Comp Orange and the 1969 Mach I "Calypso Coral" (Code 3) is notable, in last attached car club photo.

Yeah - we added the cut white GT350 rocker decals to give the vehicle some stand-off view identity beyond the OEM fender duct logos.

We're expecting Ford to increase the Ford Performance branding and minimize the Shelby branding. You can see that with the 2018's. The 2015-2018 GT350's do share a strong, proud, design heritage with the GT350's of the mid-60's.

creamsicle.jpg

Pax Front Quarter Decal lo.jpg

Driv Rear Quarter Decal lo.jpg

Driv Side Full Decal lo.jpg

View attachment 146098

(BTW, came across this pretty good 2016 Mustang paint cross-reference link http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?manuf=Ford&model=Mustang&year=2016 )
Orange 69 Mach I 16 GT350.jpg
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0